• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Introduction

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, I'm Patrick Earl. I am brand new to muzzle loading (just ordered my first 1860 Army....ordered it but haven't gotten it yet lol). I'm honestly a little lost. I've been reading and watching videos but have zero actual experience. So if there's anyone around the Dallas area who would like to go to the range with me and give me some pointers, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Hello and welcome from PA. The Black Powder Maniac has some good beginner youtube videos out there as do others that would certainly help you but unless you mean Dallas PA, I cannot but good luck on your endeavors.

Hello, I'm Patrick Earl. I am brand new to muzzle loading (just ordered my first 1860 Army....ordered it but haven't gotten it yet lol). I'm honestly a little lost. I've been reading and watching videos but have zero actual experience. So if there's anyone around the Dallas area who would like to go to the range with me and give me some pointers, I'd greatly appreciate it.
I'm in the Dallas area and wouldn't mind teaching you how to safely operate your 1860. There's some other gear you'll need like powder, ball and caps before you can get it running though.

I'm in the Dallas area and wouldn't mind teaching you how to safely operate your 1860. There's some other gear you'll need like powder, ball and caps before you can get it running though.
I'm still waiting on my 1860. I ordered it from Jedediah Star, hopefully it will get here in a timely manner.
I haven't been able to find any #10 or #11 caps (still not sure which one will work best?), I ordered some from Academy and they said they should get them in about a week.
Once I do finally get everything all rounded up I'd greatly appreciate it if you'd teach me how to do everything properly.

Hello and welcome from PA. The Black Powder Maniac has some good beginner youtube videos out there as do others that would certainly help you but unless you mean Dallas PA, I cannot but good luck on your endeavors.
Thank you, I'll definitely check out Black Powder Maniac's videos. But I am in Dallas, TX
Sorry, I should've been clearer on that.

Hello Patrick from Packer country. You're going to have a heck of a lot of fun with that 1860. Be sure to research how to prep it before first use; I know from experience if it's an Uberti it's a great gun but it needs prep.

Howdy and welcome from tropical southern middle Tennessee. Here's your first lesson: real black powder or black powder substitute only. Do not ever use modern powders. I mean ever. Welcome to the club.

Latest posts

Back