• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Into the Wild Frontier

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would respectfully disagree that they don’t control what’s on their own YouTube channel which is our only access to it. If Steve Rinella can put his entire library on YouTube they can put a few episodes of this show.
I was referring to 'Carriers' (cable, satellite, etc) - yes they control their youtube (for most part, not 100%, it belongs to YouTube).
As I pointed out:
A) posted just first couple to get intrest and point people to their main money maker: ISPN Channel
B) found too many people posting their episodes on Other site to where They were not getting the traffic to theirs.

I used to build and run website, traffic matters and 'bandwidth' hijacking (thieves) hurt hard.

This is the 2nd season. I thought the first was well done. Watched the kit Carson episode of the 2nd season. My only complaint was that the one playing kit looked too rough to be kit. Seems to me the real kit carson was not what you'd call baby face but youngish

In case you enjoyed it, apparently, they launched season two. I had my system set to record all episodes last year and it started recording new ones! Two just aired, 2 more in the que.
Say what you will but it's better than Gunsmoke or the Lone Ranger.
What channel/streaming platform is it on ? I watched the first season last year and loved it, pushed me to build my first flintlock rifle.

Can't remember what I watched it on, I don't watch much if any TV and wife bounces around on streaming channels from free trial to free trial.

Much of the filming takes place right where Lewis&Clark camped on the Jefferson river in August 1805.
Which is about 10 miles north of the "Point of Rocks" (Beaverhead) that Sacogowia recognized from her youth.
From my cabin I can see much of the scenery that is shown in the films...sure feel blessed to live in this beautiful place.

Would you like to come spend a week in this beautiful place?....you can camp on my ranch. (Seriously!) As long as you bring your flintlock and your wife. (my wife gets a little lonely up here in the mountains)
20230226_072524.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Much of the filming takes place right where Lewis&Clark camped on the Jefferson river in August 1805.
Which is about 10 miles north of the "Point of Rocks" (Beaverhead) that Sacogowia recognized from her youth.
From my cabin I can see much of the scenery that is shown in the films...sure feel blessed to live in this beautiful place.

Would you like to come spend a week in this beautiful place?....you can camp on my ranch. (Seriously!) As long as you bring your flintlock and your wife. (my wife gets a little lonely up here in the mountains)View attachment 201723
You are indeed blessed!

Does anyone know if any members of the American Mountain Men we’re used as extras in the filming of Into the Wild Frontier?

There is one thing that I noticed about the show that bugs me. Time between commercials. As an episode begins, they space the commercials very far apart. As you near the conclusion the commercials get jammed in very close to each other. They know you are hooked and wont bail out on the end of an episode, so it gets filled solid with commercials.
I only watch episodes that are recorded and fast forward past the nonsense, but I still notice what they are up to.

Back