• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

instructional videos

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baer19d

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm wanting to start building a gun in the near future and I would like to get a few videos on the subject and a few others as well. Does anyone have any reccomendations on some good instructional videos for gun building, wood carving,metal engraving? I'm also interested in a beginners blacksmithing video also. I'm sure it's been posted before but I didn't find anything when I did a search.

Thanks, Mike

Jim Chambers, I have the Jack Brooks series, Turpin, and books like Longrifle Construction Manual, Art of Building the Pennsylvania Longrifle. Good stuff TOTW and Log Cabin have them. Mike Miller has a good video. Im starting my first now.

Ive got the Ron Ehlert dvds an learned a lot an I still like to watch them just to see a master at work. You can get them from Chambers or American pioneer :thumbsup:

Hi there

You should definitely visit Gun Builders Bench in here. One of the members posted super step by step guides with pictures. It's really black on white. That's what gave me a better understanding since I am still a newbie. Good luck!
Michael

Thanks for the replies. I did read the tutorial on how to build a muzzle loader as well as many others on just about every aspect of gun building and found then very informative. I also found "How to Build a Kentucky Rifle" part one and two and "How to build a Hawken Rifle" by Hershal House from a very generous person on another forum and got a great deal on a DVD on carving a stock on ebay. I'm still interested in any others that I can get my hands on.
Thanks, Mike

I see American Pioneer has a 3 dvd set of the Ron Ehlert series. Jim Chambers edition of the Ron Ehlert series is a 2 dvd set.

Wonder what the extra is?

I would second the Mike Miller video and the Hershel House is really interesting also.

Latest posts

Back