• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Indian made Jaeger “Musket

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know a Jaeger is supposed to be a rifle but apparently the Indians seem to be limited to making smooth bores (regulations or know how?). I am picking up one of these. Price was right. Anyone own or have experience with an Indian made Jaeger musket? Also picking up a Charleville along with it.

I know a Jaeger is supposed to be a rifle but apparently the Indians seem to be limited to making smooth bores (regulations or know how?). I am picking up one of these. Price was right. Anyone own or have experience with an Indian made Jaeger musket? Also picking up a Charleville along with it.
Any photographs, or are you acquiring sight unseen?

Purchasing directly from my Indian buddy who used to import these.
He is part of a family arms and armor manufacturing company. I have his old dealers brochure, but it is dated.
These are leftovers from before he retired from the gun business, so sight unseen. I will post pics upon receipt.

I wouldn’t …

Last edited:
Regulations, or rather a means of getting around export and destination import restrictions.
Indian made unmentionable military rifles are up with the best, in the past and present day.

I already have one of his Spanish muskets, brass barreled bayonet pistol, a wheellock pistol and a matchlock. All beautiful wood and great craftsmanship. All are a little heavy and a bit shiny in my opinion. I have been treating the metal with Jax. They age nicely.

Actually the jaegers and the Bakers are most often sold to the Europeans, and most of the buyers there have much less of a problem owning a smooth bore. Since they are used for blanks at reenactments, no harm then. Colerain, for example, may still make the rifled barrel upgrade for the Baker rifles for folks here in the USA.

LD

Back