• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Indian fry bread tacos

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tried these last night after seeing a recipe. I have never had much use for the fragile folded corn thingies from the grocery store. These were well worth the deep-frying mess.
image_67233025 (3).jpeg

Living adjacent to the Navajo Res I have had these for 50 years. If ever in the area, 89 from Flagstaff to Page, stop in Cameron Trading post and order them in the restaurant. TRUE & AUTHENTIC!

I once found myself 27 miles down a dirt road that had gotten quite primitive. SNOWING HARD. Never prayed harder for a vehicle to not stop running. Then I arrive at my destination (was looking for a native American guy for a job). My pop used to work with them for years and told me you drive up to the house (Hogan more than likely back this far) and you stay in the car. No honking, no approaching the door. If they want to talk to you come out, if not you leave. Well I was about to leave when the door opened and out hobbled about an 80 year old Navajo woman with a big piece of fry bread in a paper towel. BEST FOOD EVER. You know that was made with Blue Bird flour and lamb fat! Anyway I said I was looking for ____ and she didn't speak English but knew the guy, goes back in and he comes out! Mission accomplished.

As for the health issues at least it's all organic that far back and I will maybe never have another treat that tasty!!

We had a Navajo student teacher in 4t grade and she made us all Fry Bread and gave us the recipe. Still have it. Now I gotta make it! mmmm mmmm good!

Living adjacent to the Navajo Res I have had these for 50 years. If ever in the area, 89 from Flagstaff to Page, stop in Cameron Trading post and order them in the restaurant. TRUE & AUTHENTIC!

I once found myself 27 miles down a dirt road that had gotten quite primitive. SNOWING HARD. Never prayed harder for a vehicle to not stop running. Then I arrive at my destination (was looking for a native American guy for a job). My pop used to work with them for years and told me you drive up to the house (Hogan more than likely back this far) and you stay in the car. No honking, no approaching the door. If they want to talk to you come out, if not you leave. Well I was about to leave when the door opened and out hobbled about an 80 year old Navajo woman with a big piece of fry bread in a paper towel. BEST FOOD EVER. You know that was made with Blue Bird flour and lamb fat! Anyway I said I was looking for ____ and she didn't speak English but knew the guy, goes back in and he comes out! Mission accomplished.

As for the health issues at least it's all organic that far back and I will maybe never have another treat that tasty!!

We had a Navajo student teacher in 4t grade and she made us all Fry Bread and gave us the recipe. Still have it. Now I gotta make it! mmmm mmmm good!
I taught on the Navajo reservation for ten years 85-95. We used to have these i the cafeteria and for fund raisers along with mutton stew and occasional sheep butchering and cookout. Good memories!

They no longer have a churches fried chicken. That why you left? LOL Pretty cool scenery. Had a buddy who's mom taught at Shonto and he and his pop flew up weekends in their lil plane. Really like that country. About the same as when you were there. I was headed to Navajo Mnt via Inscription House in the above story

Last edited:
I think I am good to go fort the Creedmoor 150! I need to start practicing........

Brent is on his way to CA right now to pick up a new Golden Retriever pup.

Fleener

Can't complain about the fry bread, but staying at the Monument campground on the res and listening to the pickumups ripping up and down the road all night long leaves a different memory. And if you want to see all of the "Monument" you need to do the "paid tour" in the open back of one of those "pickumups"!

Back