• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

In terrible need of T/C part no; 7194 rear sight...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smoke-pole

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Loaned my gun to a friend and he somehow managed to break the back sight off it. I have called and checked everywhere and I'm absolutely crippled for a muzzleloader without my back sight. Also if anyone knows of sight of the same style that will work without having to drill or tap anymore holes in the tang I could go that route.

Thanks for your time.

I would try Thompson Center. I called them about rear sight screws for the elevation on a Seneca, they sent me out two, no charge. It did take about 7 days but I was happy.
David

7194 was TC's "hunting tang rear sight" For the Hawken, Renegade, White Mountain Carbine, etc. Its screw adjustable. They occasionally appear for sale new and used. IIRC, Lyman made a sight that would fit, but its a bit bulkier in that its based on their receiver sight.

7197 (I think) was the similar sight used on the New Englander, Grey Hawk, and Tree Hawk (curved rear tang).

I have 4 TC Hawken rifles and I think each one has a different sight. In fact, the oldest one has different hole locations and are not interchangeable.

A picture would help.

smoke-pole said:
Loaned my gun to a friend and he somehow managed to break the back sight off it. I have called and checked everywhere and I'm absolutely crippled for a muzzleloader without my back sight. Also if anyone knows of sight of the same style that will work without having to drill or tap anymore holes in the tang I could go that route.

Thanks for your time.
you mean like this one? http://www.gunsamerica.com/934110764/Thompson+Center+Peep+Sight+#7194.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
vinman said:
This one is a little different but available for purchase. http://www.opticsplanet.com/thomps...ang-sight-t-c-muzzeloaders-steel.html[/quote]

That's the one he's looking for, #7194. I have one, it's a good sight. But I need to find some other discs with different size holes, I only have the one and it's a bit small.

005-1-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one where the aperture size is adjustable. Don't know who made it, but it opens and closes by rotating the aperture. Came on a rifle I bought, and I'm keeping it.

Probably a Merit, I think Brownell's sells them. They work very good and I like mine a lot although not legal for aperture sights in NRA cartridge rifle events.

There are two variations of this sight. One has a flat base and mounts to the rear on the tang. The other has a slightly curved base and mounts forward on the tang. I haven't figured out why this is, I just know that it is. I have sights of both types. At first glance they look identical, but they aren't. Best be sure which kind you have to replace.

Kansas Volunteer said:
There are two variations of this sight. One has a flat base and mounts to the rear on the tang. The other has a slightly curved base and mounts forward on the tang. I haven't figured out why this is, I just know that it is. I have sights of both types. At first glance they look identical, but they aren't. Best be sure which kind you have to replace.

One is the 7194 and the other is the 7197. They fit flat tang and curved tang models respectively. Hawken, Renegade, and White Mountain Carbine are flat tang.

If you had a sight of the incorrect base variety, it could be adapted to fit with epoxy. The idea of the epoxy would be for better contact and less stress when tightening the mounting screws.

Back