• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I'm really tired of this nonsense...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cabelas/BassPro no longer ship muzzleloaders directly to the customer. You can order but have to pick up at the nearest store. For many of us that might be several hundred miles or more away. Company policy.

I don't hunt much anymore primarily due to my not being all that fond of game or what I do like being scarce in my locality.

I leave the deer alone, just too old and lazy to clean them.

On the shortages of BP stuff, I am well supplied. I shoot an air pistol for practice.

Old Hawkeye, I think perhaps you are in a fantasy situation. If the senate goes to the other side it is going to be a tough situation for all types of weapons, For a start ask the members here from the other countries what they have to go through to partake in the shooting sports. The writing has been on the wall for a bit lets hope it can be staved off.

Canada is a weird place in the firearm world. I can buy a flintlock rifle or pistol without a gun license. Antiques even if brand new. Ship in the mail. Percussion rifle or pistol require license. Rifle can ship by mail, but I don't think pistol can. Lead comes by mail, but powder and caps only ship by courier....

Canada is a weird place in the firearm world. I can buy a flintlock rifle or pistol without a gun license. Antiques even if brand new. Ship in the mail. Percussion rifle or pistol require license. Rifle can ship by mail, but I don't think pistol can. Lead comes by mail, but powder and caps only ship by courier....
Not quite true sir. Flintlock pistols are regulated exactly the same as any handgun (which doesn’t make sense, but is what it is). All firearms can be mailed as long as the proper paperwork is filled out for restricted firearms. Legislation around antiques are quite extensive, and “new replicas” are only antiques depending on caliber and ammo availability.
Walk

Since it's cold and raining here, I decided to do a search for a percussion revolver I have been wanting. I know I should have done it long time ago, but I have been buying other pistols.

So I tried all the places that I know, they all say, "not available".

Huh, one more place to check.

Another thought, for those who do not cast, but think they might, I would be molds in your size if the price was right. There was 2 good Lyman molds this week.

I have been adding to my stock a box here, a pound there, a brick of primers, a box of bullets, a pound of scrap lead or what ever I had the funds for for the last 50 years. I have NEVER left an empty shelf. Nor do I wait until my tank is below a quarter of a tank to fill up. This situation has happened all to regularly over the course of our history. Too bad that no one seems to study history anymore.
Mamy study , or read but few pay attention. We are all told that those who do not pay attention to history are doomed to repeat it,
Has there ever been a lack of war ? History is full with it, all justified , of course.

Buzz

"Reading this thread has been very depressing. Never imagined that so many people have such a negative view of the future & what possibilities await us all."

Without being political, think how much has changed.

For those who are old, which is most of us are, remember the 1968 Gun Act and how easy it was to buy a firearms prior to it?
What is entailed to buy a modern gun now?

I remember buying rim fire shells at 7-11. Also remember not being able to find them recently.

Remember buying 30-30 shells in hardware stores. Can't find them now.

Remember being able to find BP guns, kits and BP locally easily. None available.

Remember being able to order BP guns from Cabelas and Bass and having it sent to your house. Not now.

Remember it being easy to order BP supplies, Not so easy now.

Without being negative, what is there to look forward to after looking in the rear view mirror?
I have no difficulty buying any firearm, whether traditional MLs or modern. I have never been denied or restricted regarding what I desired, except for full automatic weapons, which my State denies, but not the federal government. I have no trouble buying BP or modern powders or any of the loading or reloading supplies. If something is not on the shelves or locally available, it's a supply chain/demand issue, not some arbitrary government restriction. As far as the type & choices of firearms available it is better than ever, from my perspective. The market determines what is or is not abundantly available, not some secret conspiracy. Things have changed because things always change & things never stay the "way they were". I don't see filling out some paper work in order to hopefully help insure that some criminal or lunatic isn't walking around with a deadly weapon as a great hardship for me to bear. I can walk into any gun store in my area, buy a gun, & be out the door in less than 30 minutes. Not sure where you live, but where I am, I can still do all the things you list as "remember when". My local hardware store sells all kinds of ammo & hunting/shooting supplies. Maybe I'm just lucky to be where I am, but the shooting & hunting sports are alive and well where I'm at. Maybe you just need to move.

Old Hawkeye, I think perhaps you are in a fantasy situation. If the senate goes to the other side it is going to be a tough situation for all types of weapons, For a start ask the members here from the other countries what they have to go through to partake in the shooting sports. The writing has been on the wall for a bit lets hope it can be staved off.
I have been hearing that BS since 1968. I call it NRA hype. You do know that "hype" is what makes the world go round & keeps the money coming in! We have a little thing called the Second Amendment & a Supreme Court packed with conservatives that aren't going let some whacko bill against your gun rights stand. So stop shaking in your boots about what the VP is somehow going to miraculously single handedly do to destroy America & stop all the fear mongering that is destroying our democracy. Besides, Congress has much more pressing problems to deal with right now than starting a gun rights battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back