• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

if you get your tag......

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For those hunting in draw states. If you get your tag . . .what will it be?

I am going to try two hunts that are not my normal hunts.
Muzzleloader Buck antelope..With the wife :) (I have not hunted "speed goat" since my boys were teens, ten or so years ago)

AND

Tree line Muzzleloader Bull elk (I'm a meat hunter & have not hunted bull in forever as well)
Tree line (about 12,000 feet) :shocked2: I best get working out, I was running stairs at 6800 feet today and was huffing & puffing :doh:

Sean Gadhar said:
For those hunting in draw states. If you get your tag . . .what will it be?

I am going to try two hunts that are not my normal hunts.
Muzzleloader Buck antelope..With the wife :) (I have not hunted "speed goat" since my boys were teens, ten or so years ago)

AND

Tree line Muzzleloader Bull elk (I'm a meat hunter & have not hunted bull in forever as well)
Tree line (about 12,000 feet) :shocked2: I best get working out, I was running stairs at 6800 feet today and was huffing & puffing :doh:

The goat hunt with the wife sounds like fun. The tree line hunt.... I'm tired just thinking about it!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck I hope you get the draw :thumbsup:

If i draw, it'll be unit 28, near Winter Park. Camp is at 9400ft. I haven't been up to timberline for several years now. All the roads are closed and them thar dang mountains just keep get'n taller and taller

Well, the tree-line Elk shouldn't be hard to get home, just slide him down hill to the truck! :rotf: .

Mule deer buck and doe tags. The buck tag is pretty much a guaranteed draw.

My brother and I applied in New Mexico (where he lives) for:

-antelope
-deer
-elk

We struck out last year, but hopefully luck is on our side!

Sambar Stag on St Vincents island in the Gulf.

I've drawn a tag 3 times over the years and all three times something has happened right before the hunt to stop me going.

I tried for 11 years to draw that permit. I finally did in 2006. The day before the hunt I was in the hospital getting my gall bladder out. :td:

If you get it again, be sure and hunt the water on the south-west end or Jungle Rd.

Good luck.

I will try drawing again for Kentucky Elk hunts, with either a flintlock or my longbow. Very low odds though.

Utah limited entry elk. I have been applying for years and not drawn. This should be the year as I have 14 preference points. The hunt is any weapon during the rut. Tough wait though as they don't tell you the draw results until May 31st.

Dave

Colorado tree-line Elk with Flintlock....I have enough points but may apply for another point if my son can't go. Hope he goes as I am getting slower every year :( . Will have about two weeks yet to decide. Larry

Oregon private land elk.

Odds are low in my game zone, but I will try anyway.

Back