• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Identify Pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atki

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Anyone know who the mfg. of this pistol is? These are the only marks.

WB
Pistol.jpg

it is a brass frame copy of a colt navy but in .44 cal. All brass frame guns like this are not very valuble and not made by the "big" names like Uberiti, that I know of. I would guess that it might be worth $150.00, or there abouts, if it is in new or close to new condition.

P

The gun is a .44 caliber 1851 Navy that was proofed in Italy and made in 1977.

I'm not sure of the maker because the marks you've shown are proof marks only. The maker may or may not have stamped their company logo or name on the gun, sometimes on the barrel under the loading lever or on the side of the frame.

It looks like it has a steel frame which increases its value over a brass framed gun.
As the real Colt 1851 was built in .36 caliber only to some folks the .44 would be less valuable.
To someone who just enjoys shooting a C&B revolver the .44 caliber may make it worth more than a .36.

All in all, in my neck of the woods something like this would be worth somewhere between $150 and $200.

Please note: If you intend to sell this gun, do not post it in the general posts. Place the ad in our classified Ad section.

I'm pretty sure the gun is a Pietta. Look under the loading lever near the point where the barrel enters the frame section fo the letters FAP in a diamond shape.

I'm also pretty sure it's a brass frame.

With that in mind, and assuming it's in excellent condition, the Fifth Edition (2007) of The Blue Book of Modern Black Powder Arms gives a value of $150.

The Blue Book is only a guide. Actual prices can and do vary considerably in either direction.

Back