• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Can someone identify the maker?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turbodog

32 Cal
Reaction score
I recently picked up this pistol and am trying to figure out who made it and when.
It's a reproduction of a small belt pistol with a Spanish Miquelet lock.
It has two marks on the top of the barrel and "made in spain: on the left side.

Any help identifying it would be appreciated.

lockside.JPG

Attachments

• hookside.JPG
    hookside.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 0
  • bottom.JPG
    bottom.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 0
  • top.JPG
    top.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 0
  • marks.JPG
    marks.JPG
    290.6 KB · Views: 0
Nice looking piece. If you lift the barrel you might find proof marks underneath the breech end. Those could narrow down the age for you. As to maker, possibly Ardesa or Mendi?

I had a longer barreled version of this gun a few years ago. Had the same logo's on the tang. Never sure who made it but thought it might be some type of commemorative piece since the gearwheel and sword logo looked like one of the Spanish Arsenal logos. Thought the other mark was who actually made it but couldn't match it to any company I was familiar with. Seemed well made, had the same kind of brass trim. Lock worked, decent sparks and I shot it a few times. Interesting piece, no import marks so I have no idea who brought it into the US or when.

Latest posts

Back