• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I went and dunnit!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Couldn't stand just thinkin' about it anymore! I broke down and sent off for a fine lookin' Model'51 Colt revolver in '44. I will play with it until it shoots as good as my Remington. The Colt is just to pretty for looking at to pass up. I got one by Pietta the same maker as my Remington. Hopefully they will shoot the same ball. Now I have ta wait for about a week 'til it gets here.

Thanks Dave, I'll sure do 'er. From reading other threads,I see some of you guys have one of these already. What kind of loads are you finding work best?

That sounds great Cooner.
Ive got a couple colts. Love them all.
I shoot about 28 grain 3f.

Hehe,

But then you will be needing a proper '51 in .36. :wink:

I love my .44's for the smoke, power, noise and everything else but the .36 puts them to shame accuracy wise and the Navy just feels so "right".

Just more temptation for ya! :grin:

Well....I got 'er in the mail today and she locks up tight when cocked and is in wonderful condition on initial inspection. I need to pull the barrel to see what she looks like inside. Pretty revolver. Silver overlay on the brass parts looks neat. I used to have a Uberti Dragoon with silver overlay like this but way heavier pitol. This one feels nice in the hand. I can't wait to get a chance to shoot 'er. :applause:

Glad to hear that you got one & she's a looker! I have a plain jane 51 Pietta & she shoots like a house 'a fire.
My usual load for accuracy is about 25-27 grains of 3f BP with a 454 ball. At about 15 yards she shoots about 7 inches high, but with a lil Kentucky windage, I can put the resulting cloverleaf where I want it! Good luck with yours, I'm sure she'll shoot straight. Let us know :hatsoff:

Back