• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I think it's a keeper

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdstrain49

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Found a LePage at a gun show. First trip to the range was disappointing. It shot left and WAY high. OK, before I can make a new front sight I have to learn to silver solder. Make and fit a new base and blade then stick them together. Done, now to shoot it. The group is low left but I've got plenty of sight to work with so getting a zero won't be a problem. The group is three shots, 25 yds., standing, one hand (no rest of any kind), and measures .466" center to center. Not bad for a gunshow gun, think I'll keep it :grin:

IMG_0346.jpg

First I read it and thought you said you found it at the range. Good find, just a minor problem that's easily fixed.

Nice pistol, great group. :thumbsup: Better then I have been able to shoot. I've been looking for the single set trigger version for a while at a good price of course. :)

Little by little it's coming together. Way too cold today to shoot really good groups, but it sure does shoot nice.

Scrubbs; No not Dixie. It was made by P. Bondini (not sure of the spelling) they were a very high end maker thru the 70s I believe. Closest thing I've seen is the Pedersoli. I'm slowly getting the new sight worked in and it looks very promising.

45, yes. As memory serves, .440 ball, .020 patch (.010 didn't work), 25 gr equivalent Pyrodex P. If the temp ever gets above zero, maybe I can refine it a bit, but then there isn't much room for improvement:)

Back