• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I need some help

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yagee

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi All,
I need some help.
I have just been made a gift of some Investarms parts : (all unused)

1 Stock - Hawken style
1 Flint lock group
1 Percussion lock group
1 Double set trigger group
2 Escutcheons - Brass
1 Wedge pin - Brass
1 Butt plate - Brass
1 Forend cap- Brass

No barrel :(

The stock is finished, in a dark walnut stain, with a few scratches, without a patchbox.
The above brass parts are not on the stock and are unfinished.
Now here are the questions:
1. I would like to use the Flint lock, but the stock is for a percussion lock. Can I just remove some wood to make the Flint lock fit ? It almost fits now.
2. Does Green Mountain make replacement Flint (or Percussion) barrels for Investarms rifles ?
3. Am I asking to much ?
I presently have 2 Investarms percussion rifles, a .50 and a .54 cal. both are 1 in 48 and are accurate with PRB. Assuming I can get a Flint barrel, I would like a .36 or .40 cal. Twist :confused: Maybe a smothbore :confused:
I think that would round out my battery of Muzzleloaders.

All info. will be appreciated.

Thanks Yagee

I think you can get a GM barrell for an investarms hawkin but Im not sure if you can get it in flint.

Didnt have much time to look last night but I think this is what your lookin for. [url] http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_128_509_516&products_id=7306[/url]
You may have better luck with TOW or someone else for price and caliber options.
Here is tracks barrell page [url] http://www.trackofthewolf.com/(S(y23mwb55suakqk55wb51eu45))/categories/catList.aspx?catID=14[/url]
They have GM barrells for TC's but I dont know if they will fit investarms hawkins.Maybe someone here knows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Crowhop,

I have visited those Web sites, and it looks like finding a Flint barrel could be a problem. I will have to make a few calls. I will keep searching. In the mean time I will work on fitting the brass parts to the stock. I will leave the fitting of the Flint lock until last, maybe I will be lucky and find a Flint barrel.

Thanks for responding
Yagee

Try Cabelas. They sell the Investarms Hawken and they have both cap and flintlock versions. They may have a barrel.

Green Mountain TC drop in barrels fit investarms hawkens very well,you might have to cut the underrib a little no big deal,been there done that.

Push come to shove, you can contact the Oregon Barrel Co. and give them the exact dimentions you need/want and they will make you what you want.

You can reach them through The Gun Works

charlie said:
Green Mountain TC drop in barrels fit investarms hawkens very well,you might have to cut the underrib a little no big deal,been there done that.

Also, I've found the tangs don't quite line up. Places the barrel ca. 1 mm low in the stock. On some stocks the inletting is sloppy enough to let you get the wedge pin in , on others you'd crack the stock first.

I got an extra tang from TOTW ($5, TANG-IA) that I'm modifying so I can still use my lyman/investarms barrels with the stock tang and the GM barrel with the other (or on my TCs).

Hi Crowhop, Rebel, Charlie, Mad Professor, & Sir Michael

Thanks for all the info. As I said in my last post, I will work on fitting the brass parts to the stock. I'll be searching some of the different venders and see what I can come up with.

I really enjoy this forum and visit it a couple of time a day. There is such a wealth of knowledge here. It is nice to be able to be in contact with so many people from different places, different age groups and different walks of life .

Thanks again
Yagee :thumbsup:

Back