• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I need a push!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Friend just finished his, his reaction "didn't really get much enjoyment of the build" because it was pretty insert screw thread it in done. I'm sure any embellishments you put on the rifle will help with giving you some fulfillment though. This kit sounds like a pretty much "you have to try very very hard to fail with. Great job by the kibler group.

If you already have the stuff for .50 caliber, I'd stick with that. That means the Colonial or the Woodsrunner, if I understand correctly.

Something to consider; I write short fiction, but didn't think I could ever write a book. I pushed myself to do so in a "challenge yourself" event, and wrote an entire book. It was a lousy first draft, but it had a beginning, middle, and end. Despite the low quality of the first draft, there was a noticeable shift in my brain. Of course I could write a book; I just did!

Fair Warning I now have six books published, and am writing the second book in a new series. There's probably a Kibler kit corollary there, too. ;)

Friend just finished his, his reaction "didn't really get much enjoyment of the build" because it was pretty insert screw thread it in done. I'm sure any embellishments you put on the rifle will help with giving you some fulfillment though. This kit sounds like a pretty much "you have to try very very hard to fail with. Great job by the kibler group.
I hear you! I’m not looking for a big challenge at this point. I want to learn the ins and outs of a build and I want to end up with a quality flintlock. After that maybe I’ll move on to something more challenging. I’m in favor of baby steps!!

Some babies are slow learners and struggle to take steps. Others learn things easily and are soon racing around the room. Woodsrunner kits are cnc made and go together quite easily. A 45 will be heavier than a 54 but not by much, and still be lighter than a 58 Colonial. The 45 will use less powder and lead and will do everything on the range. Some hunt deer with 40s. More hunt deer with a 45. If you're only a hunter 54 would be the best all around choice. The challenge of a Kibler kit is in the finish work. Doing a fine job of it will give much satisfaction and you'll learn a lot.

Back