• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I have probably asked this before...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s a neat thought that I would save for the post apocalyptic future.
You know when we are all chasing each other in the desert diving cut up 4x4s and big rigs wearing hockey masks listening to Tina Turner.

What does love have to do with it?

Hey no joke.....
Thank you for this thread. I’m at the hospital!with my mom. They had to bring her by ambulance. She is a cancer pt.
This subject has been a welcome distraction. As you can see I’m a little tongue in cheek.
No joke thanks again.
Gods Blessings to you and your Mom. We only have one..

When your ML guns are found on a probation search or car stop you will go to jail. They will seize and destroy your guns. You can then try to explain what is and is not a firearm to the judge. The judge may or may not buy it. In the meantime you will rack up legal fees. Posting plans like this or admissions on the internet is not a good idea.
What!!!

Does anyone know if I can turn a T/C Hawken into a Pistol? I know it is prohibited by the ATF when it comes down to modern centerfire,s. Im sure some builder,s out there will have an answer on this. Thanks, SM
Won’t matter to the ATF, but you will wind up with a muzzle heavy pistol unless you give the TC Hawken barrel a serious haircut. 28” is a bit long for a pistol.

Won’t matter to the ATF, but you will wind up with a muzzle heavy pistol unless you give the TC Hawken barrel a serious haircut. 28” is a bit long for a pistol.
Does anyone know if I can turn a T/C Hawken into a Pistol? I know it is prohibited by the ATF when it comes down to modern centerfire,s. Im sure some builder,s out there will have an answer on this. Thanks, SM
1697025269966.jpeg
instead of cutting up a TC look for something like these Lyman GPR and pistol both in 54 and I have loaded the pistol with as much as 70 grains 3F with PRB. That needs a two handed hold.

What's the law in your state regarding cutting down of a regular ML shotgun to one that is pistol sized? I guess that it that whether or not your state considers ML firearms to actually BE firearms in the first place.

Here in UK you CAN actually do it. 'course you can. But you'd probably go to jail.
BATF DOES NOT CONSIDER FRONT STUFFERS FIREARMS
(WITH RARE EXCEPTIONS YOU CAN DO AS YOU WISH WITH THEM)
CHECK YOU STATE LAWS
BATF HAS A LIST OF FRONT STUFFERS THAT ARE FFL .
YOU CAN CHECK OUT THERE WEB SITE FOR INFO

If you are talking about putting a ML pistol stock on a ML rifle barrel; sure, there's no law against it but it has little practical use.

If you are talking about cutting a piece off a ML rifle barrel to make a pistol, be aware most ML pistol barrels have a faster twist than rifle barrels. A chunk of rifle barrel isn't likely to be as accurate as an actual pistol barrel.

Somebody mentioned making a trap door pistol. Do not do that, it is illegal.

26 U.S.C. § 5845(G)

For the purposes of the National Firearms Act, the term “Antique Firearms” means any firearm not intended or redesigned for using rim fire or conventional center fire ignition with fixed ammunition and manufactured in or before 1898 (including any matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap or similar type of ignition system or replica thereof, whether actually manufactured before or after the year 1898) and also any firearm using fixed ammunition manufactured in or before 1898, for which ammunition is no longer manufactured in the United States and is not readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade.

Considering how much it costs in money and manpower, I don't think any law enforcement entity is interested in some guy making a single-shot black powder pistol from a rifle. If some bad actor got hold of it and committed a crime, maybe they're be a background investigation, but there's too much ordinary crime nowadays for some guy with a hacksaw and file to arouse the attention of the "authorities".

There was a “trapdoor “ pistol. Not many were made, the recoil was horrendous…

There was a “trapdoor “ pistol. Not many were made, the recoil was horrendous…
That is true. Once a rifle always a rifle. You can not legally do a conversation.

A good friend's rolling block 22 pistol was confiscated by ATF. He made it from a rifle. Some were factory made pistols' on the same exact action. He should have lied when asked by ATF.

Anyway this is not a kind of gun allowed on the board and I think it has been covered sufficiently.

Latest posts

Back