• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I got my T/C Hawken today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom in nc

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I bought a deal in a like new T/C .50 cal Hawken today. I already had a very nice, well cared for .45 cal Kentucky rifle. Now I am looking for a smaller caliber, either .32 or .36 rifle to complete my "set".
20200203_202756.jpg

20200204_204313.jpg
raw

Not a very good pic but here's my "new" $100 Hawken posing with my Dart .45 cal rifle.
The Dart is a '77 model according to the serial number. From serial number discussions on here the .50 cal T/C Hawken should be 2004-06. I'd like to have about a dozen more at the price I paid for it!View attachment 23529

I don't think a "dart" rifle fits into the type of guns we talk about on the Muzzleloading Forum.

Seems to me that round lead balls and some elongated lead bullets were in fashion back in 1865 and earlier.

Most will know that Mr moderator was injecting a little humor with the dart comment but just in case.
20200204_210911.jpg

I'm kidding too, of course. But a newbie might actually think it shoots darts.

I found and bought another rifle this week, my first flintlock, a CVA 50 cal Hawken. See it in the flintlock forum. I believe it was made in the late 70s or early 80s. The bore is perfect.

Back