• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I Got it!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
grz,
I didn't have any trouble with bugs either! But then it was too cold for them to be out! I realize that in NC they may be out in deer season, haaaw!
I did get a little sick of the smell of the burning match. Hemp smells better than cotton, a little like wacky weed. (yes, sorry, I learned briefly what THAT smelled like back in the late sixties. Thank God for change in my life.) Cotton just smells like burning garbage. Both tended to set off my sinuses after a while.
The matchlock is a hoot to shoot, but not much for hunting.
volatpluvia

Bookie!
I bought it way back in April at the Ft. Frederick 18th century market faire. Some vender was selling it off a roll. Maybe you could find it on the link runnball posted. Have fun.
volatpluvia

I got my hemp cord from the craft section of Walmart. It was fairly reasonable in cost.

Your replies are appreciated, gentlemen. As for being squemish, after having kids, going through Grandkids, and now feeding and changing :shocked2: Great-Grandkids, NOTHING fazes me. Thanks again, Bookie

Back