• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I got it!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The usual suspect for misfires is a coating of oil down in the chamber and flash channel, it doesn't take much .in fact I'm amazed at the miniscule amount it takes to stop ignition.

I no longer use oiled bores for storage and rarely experience a misfire anymore.
I had been cleaning the nipples separately, and oiling them every time. I started wiping them down with a little bit of isopropyl alcohol when I'm done to remove any excess oil, and like you said, misfires aren't happening anymore.

Except for with the dreaded stock Pedersoli nipples, I replaced them with Hot Shots, and they go off every time. I think the stock Ped flash hole is just too small to reliably ignite BP substitutes.

Thank you for that advice, you probably just saved me a missed shot or two.

Dang good job!! I like seeing that blackpowder and buckshot can flat get the job done!
Thank you! I've always believed that black powder shotguns have absolutely no disadvantage over modern ones. Rifle technology has come a long way, but BP shotguns are just as good if loaded properly.

I go duck hunting with a group of guys, and my only disadvantage is the lack of a third shot, and the time it takes to reload. My shot drops the ducks dead just as well as theirs.

Had a dog spreading my trash over three yards many years ago. Soo poor I could not put a down payment on a hamburger. So took couple shotgun shells apart with a nail then removed the inner primer and replaced it with a rifle primer, loaded seems like 60 or so grains 2F and some toilet paper over that. Put nails that I snipped into 1/4 inch pieces with side cutters and melted wax over the whole smear.

No more garbage strewing dog and no more pickin up trash three doors down. Black powder does the trick for sure.

By the by that was a dandy cat my friend

Latest posts

Back