• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I got a smoothbore!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flm_shooter

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I found this little beauty at our rondezvous last week.
tradegun1.jpg

28 gauge, now I gotta get "stuff".

tradegun2.jpg

tradegun3.jpg

tradegun4.jpg

I did win some .54 balls for being top flinter. That's not really bragging, there were only 12 flint shooters out of 100.

tradegun5.jpg

tradegun6.jpg

Good for you! And it looks like it's a Northstar West early English gun, too. I hope you enjoy it. Shooting smoothbores is fun.

Cruzatte

Make sure you oil up that rifle real good....will be a long time before you shoot it again :rotf: :hatsoff:

Fillmore

I'm just getting my Brown Bess put together, so I think we're both going to enjoy the versatility
A bit of shot, or a really really big ball???

That's a very nice looking piece by the way!

You'll like that 28 gauge. I had a double 28 from DGW back in the 70's. Boy I wish I hadn't sold it and all my other bp guns.

A fine lookin' one it is too. Just the thing for dove in the Santa Clara River bottom, and quail in the barrancas. :winking:
Just don't shoot any oranges, we need them what with the frost in Florida. :nono:

Slamfire said:
Just don't shoot any oranges, we need them what with the frost in Florida. :nono:

The orange groves are disappearing as fast as houses can be built. It's avocados or row crops if a farmer wants to make any money.

Latest posts

Back