• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I bought this wild bench gun...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I kind of had an impulse buy on this one, but I'm really glad I did. It's really ridiculously massive. 42" Douglas 50 barrel, Davis lock, and some neat carving and inlay, though not the best, but interesting.
IMG_20230509_191521450_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230509_191532187.jpg
IMG_20230509_191453420_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230509_191541593.jpg

I think that’s a very nice ritoofle! I’d love to have a bench gun someday.let us know how it shoots.

That is, by far, the gaudiest muzzleloader I have ever seen. The 'mediterranean' accents have me searching for the "fine Corinthian leather". The 'limbslayer" butt plate exhibits the ergonomics of a WBTS bone saw. Mr. Malek's insignia has all the charm of a postmark. And that butt stock looks as if it is ready to give birth to a school of ML derringers. Get out your forceps, it will definitely be breech ! At a minimum, you will soon be nursing a brace of pistols. Nice bonus ! If she ain't pregnant, you may have to do reduction surgery 'cause that ain't healthy.
That said, it is a really cool weapon and my comments should be discarded as mere petty jealousy. I hope you enjoy the heck out of it and, like others, am interested in how it shoots. SW

I return in a more sober and penitential demeanor to offer a most sincere apology for my previous, unbecoming outburst. In doing so, w utmost humility, may I be so bold as to suggest a name for your most voluptuous and regal acquisition ?
Since all fine rifles are females, I think Queen Latifah Beyonce' would be exquisitely appropriate !
And, dare I add, I think she should audition for a Gatorade commercial. If Upside Down Yoga Woman can make the cut, Queen Latifah Beyonce' is a shoe in. You could be on the cusp of a fortune !
Oh ! God forgive me ! I really tried....

The American Percussion Schuetzen Rifle​

"The waves of Germanic immigration during the 1840's and 1850's deposited upon our shores a number of highly talented gunsmiths. In addition to their normal work, these artisans continued to produce a nearly unadulterated style of muzzle-loading percussion target rifle was then popular in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland. These specialized, made in America target rifles were used for a form of competitive shooting festival that had been popular in Europe since the Middle Ages and was continued by the recent immigrants as they spread across the nation. Such competition had traditionally been conducted in the standing or 'offhand' position. Thus, the rifle's ergonomically designed stock was custom tailored to the Schuetzen rifleman's posture as he assumed a standing shooting position. Impelled by the added talents of Anglo-American gunsmiths, a new style of offhand rifle evolved in the latter half of the nineteenth-century that absorbed the heavy Germanic form and melded it with the simplicity of design found on the finest English sporting arms. The design impact of these arms was recognized by the American Arms industry as we entered the cartridge era and Schuetzen competition became a national multi-ethnic recreation. In American Percussion Schuetzen Rifles, the authors reveal examples of these two firearm formats were eventually blended to produce a precision percussion muzzle-loading target rifle that was tailored to the American Rifleman, be they of Germanic stock or not. Here the authors document in full color, the works of many of these gunsmiths and provide an index of known makers, but also review the loading accessories deemed necessary to properly serve these extraordinary arms. Full-color photographs. 8.5 inches x 11 inches."

by John Hamilton and Tom Rowe
ISBN 978-0970760876

It's about 19 lbs of steel, brass, and wood. Lol Thank you for the word sof encouragement. I need to work the trigger a little as the lock works fine. Thanks again all. And when I'm able to shoot it I will definitely report.

Back