• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I am Nick (Nicholas) Taylor. I live in Southampton, England, UK. I have been shooting and collecting black powder guns since 1977.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Nick, Welcome from MIDDLE ENGLAND, where the 4 County's meet. Been around a bit before You. MLAGB since 63..
Started with my first SXS Caplock in 1963 although I'd used an old Lengthmans 10b before on Crows. OLD DOG..

Last edited:
I am full member of The Muzzle Loaders Association of Great Britain. My most active shooting occurs T International Bisley Ranges and in a shooting range within a Fort built at Portsmouth for the war with Napoleon Bonapart. I have now reached the bright old age of 70, apparently I look and move around with the agility of a .uxh younger person, and I teach silversmithing and Jewellery making at a college in Winchester three evenings a week with some full day courses on Saturdays.
As you can imagine this is very useful for cosmetic work on the guns if I need to, that is.
Nick, welcome from Arkansas. My Grandmother's great, great uncles were bodyguards for Napoleon. The family originated in Alcace Loraine. My grandfather's family were Welsh. His trade was a locomotive mechanic. A black powder arm of any type has always put a twinkle in my eye. At 76, I still look forward to the day's new adventures. Again, welcome and a Merry Christmas to you and yours.

I am full member of The Muzzle Loaders Association of Great Britain. My most active shooting occurs T International Bisley Ranges and in a shooting range within a Fort built at Portsmouth for the war with Napoleon Bonapart. I have now reached the bright old age of 70, apparently I look and move around with the agility of a .uxh younger person, and I teach silversmithing and Jewellery making at a college in Winchester three evenings a week with some full day courses on Saturdays.
As you can imagine this is very useful for cosmetic work on the guns if I need to, that is.
Welcome from Western North Carolina
Show your plunder

My Dad's people came from Wales and Scotland, and my Mom's folks were off-the-boat from what is now the Republic of Ireland (Ulster, i think) ... so (depending on your ethnicity) we have that snake - mongoose thing going on ... but it you shoot blackpowder, i'm will to let it be.

At any rate, greetings from southeastern Vermont. (what my nieces call the Great Frozen North)

:)

My Dad's people came from Wales and Scotland, and my Mom's folks were off-the-boat from what is now the Republic of Ireland (Ulster, i think) ... so (depending on your ethnicity) we have that snake - mongoose thing going on ... but it you shoot blackpowder, i'm will to let it be.

At any rate, greetings from southeastern Vermont. (what my nieces call the Great Frozen North)

:)

Most of Ulster - six counties - is in Northern Ireland - part of the UK. The original nine counties of the historical province were divided up in 1922, with the foundation of the Irish Free State, with Monaghan, Cavan, and Donegal remaining as part of the Free State. The Republic of Ireland came into being in 1948.

If your people came off the boat before 1922, then they would have been citizens of the United Kingdom, like my dad, born in Cork City in 1904.

Last edited:
I told you you would fit right in '
Regards Rudyard

Another welcome from Idaho !
I've shot & hunted with primarily original English & European firearms for a few decades but have slowed down a tad @81.

Welcome cousin!

Latest posts

Back