• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I’ll be back

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just saw this on Ethan’s ‘I love muzzel loading you tube page
I encourage anyone to subscribe to his channel
IMG_6383.png

Dunno...they didn't get the label in the center of the bottle, but good news nonetheless.
Lol,, That label position is a matter of aligning a timing mark on the label roll as the bottles whiz past on the line, I ran a machine that does that. If someone else is experimenting with the line speed it "floats" the position.
Given that we've already have been told they have a new crew and equipment, I'll cut'm some slack on the first few run's.
They have probably been spending the last few months filling bulk totes for the military.

Last edited:
There are pre-X everything and the old one is always better pre-war banjos and guitars, pre-whatever lighter Pedersoli SXS shotguns. Just checked my pre-Estes Goex and the labels aren’t perfect on them.

I hear "Everything pre-covid was better" a lot. whatever, glad the stuff finally made it to production. Now the howling will begin! "My lot is SLOW compared to the old stuff", "My bottle doesn't burn as clean in my flintlock as the old stuff", and so on, never mind that GOEX was all over the map and filthy since the 1980s. I expect it to be better and more consistent than ever, actually, now that some fresh folks are tuning up the process and producing it. U.S. Military standards for black powder are actually pretty strict if you read the specs and lot test requirements.

I know I am glad to see that familiar label back on the shelves. Makes me feel good inside.
Indeed, nice to see but the only problem with that is, for this area there will be none on shelves. Not even sure where any can be found in this state. So it will be internet order, which comes with a HazMat fee.

$24/lb at the NMLRA.
I'm speaking with Estes later this weekend and hope to ask more questions about wider distribution and when it'll be widely available.
Keep up the good work Ethan. I always look forward to your update videos, you have your fingers on the pulse of the muzzleloading industry for sure. Hopefully with some competition we will see a "powder war" and see sales and specials as the powder companies fight for market share. Right now I got plenty of Shuetzen and I'm pleased with the results I get over older Goex. Time will tell.

I'm glad it is back. The more the merrier and competition between manufacturers is a good thing for us consumers. That being said I am very satisfied with my Swiss 3f. I'm not likely to willingly change.

Indeed, nice to see but the only problem with that is, for this area there will be none on shelves. Not even sure where any can be found in this state. So it will be internet order, which comes with a HazMat fee.
I hear you brother, and hazmat and shipping isn't getting any cheaper. If you can buy it local you are blessed.

You aunt Mary’s are worried about the label position. Really?? Or are you just trolls?
I know the GOEX that I have that was made in the last few years before they shut down would have the same type of label issues. Slightly off center or with a wrinkle somewhere. I could not care less. In fact that probably means that a person is doing the labeling.

Complaining about this is like complaining that there is too much or too little wax sealing your bourbon bottle.

Latest posts

Back