• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hunting Sights

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

encorepete

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Gentleman,
I recently purchased a Cabelas .54 Hawken. Can anyone direct me to a good set of open sights. I saw the Lyman 16/37 set, which is factory on the deerstalker rifles - I think - looks good to me. I'm also very interested in a peep sight such as the lyman 57sml. My rifle would probably have to be drilled and tapped for it though. I just made a deal to get 7 boxes of some big 435gr? great plains bullets and I'm wanting to go the range to see how she shoots. I'm not hung up on historical accuracy, but really modern fiber otics just dont seem to belong on one of these rifles. As always -cost is a factor - so the high dollar jobs are out. Thanks. Pete

The Williams WOGS has an accessory aperature holder that is made for a 3/8" dovetail, just slide it right in your normal rear sight slot. :winking:

Back