• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hunting Shows

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been saying the same exact thing for quite a while. If one of these so called sportsman would take up the challange of Traditional Muzzleloading on TV! Why it might even lead to a resurgence in the entire sport.
Might even inspire the American companies to get back into the game. But like it has been said the Almighty Buck is driving the wheels and that's not the one we go after in the woods either! :shake:
The latest thing seems to be the long shot, 300-500 yds. Get real people when you sneak up so close that the powder burns the hide then you can brag about how good you are!!!!!!!

If Goex would sponsor a traditional show once in a while it would be good for everyone.

All the bow shows brag on how they get those bulls up so close that they can poke them with their fingers before they shoot them,,,,,,,,then what keeps a traditional hunter from calling one in close enough to shoot with a BP rifle or musket? Eh?

Someone is going to have to put up or shut up. Someone is going to have to drive to the Goex office and set down with and convince the people there that it is in their monetary interest to promote a show like this. It is all about profit.
Will Michael Waddell make a profit if he allows Goex to sponsor a show on traditional guns, or will Knight pitch a fit and jerk a knot in his shorts to keep him from "infringing on" their captive audience? Who owns the Outdoor channels and who makes the big $$.

How much are you willing to pay me to go to Goex and begin researching this? I think it is a great idea and I have said so before, but when you look at that food chain, everyone up the line has to get fed, or it aint gonna work. There-in lies the problem.

It wouldn't just have to be one sponser like Goex. Say Goex, Lyman and a ball manufacturer with say realtree or some one similar got together. I would think it would be easy to do, and if done with enough flair could be made entertaining with out advertising the real intent... :yakyak: short of maybe starting a letter campaign there's not much else we can do.

I know real tree would be defeating the purpose for many of us but $$ is $$ and they would be a good sponser to help get it going.

Hhmmm.. :hmm: Well I'm willing to do all the hard hunting if you guys are willing to come up with the money.Thats fair right ? We all gotta chip in sumthin'. :grin:

I think if your going to get something like this to fly you got to get the celebrity behind you and sell him on the idea. Then you can enlist his pull and help to attract the sponsors. Of course it wouldn't hurt to tickle a few sponosors that might benefit from it's fancy beforehand.
Someone mentioned Michael Widell, he's got the personality and if you could get him and Realtree, you still have to deal with TC. The two companies have been haeavily tied togeter. TC's involment is going be hard to get if it's not concerning there modern moneymakers!
Someone like Fred Barta might be a better choice. He has sponsorship and hunts with conventional bow. He might be inticed into such a hunt. The program would need to show all the good things about such a hunt as well as trying to tie into the quick history of the weapon. Remember most of these are only 30 min. shows. I think it would be a great benefit to traditional muzzleloading as it would show how well you have to do your homework, so you can get up close and personal, rather than throwing a rounnd down range as far as possible!
I don't know any of these people but someone out there ought to have some contacts somewhere!

Tred Barta shoots a longbow,not conventional bows and as far as sponsors...well he is his own sponsor.The man is RICH. :hatsoff:

Yes I stand corrected I was visualizing long bow and said conventional bow, My bad! :surrender:
My point was he does things his way and enjoys a challange!
It would take somebody who's got the gumption to go ap against the new fanglers, and show exactly how challenging a real hunt can be with a traditional equipment.
As far as money they all got more than I do, or I'd have the hunting show and when I wasn't hunting I'd be fishing! :wink:

On the other hand,not so long ago flyfishers were wondering if they would ever have a show.Now they have several. :applause: Let us hope our turn comes around as well. :v

-----how about JIM SHOCKY? this is one guy I'd love to hunt with and he is already sponsered :applause: :applause: :applause: by TC-----

RetiredMedic said:
It all come down to the Almighty Dollar.

Side locks are not a big seller..

Some bean counter ad executive gives them a demographic to cater to and that is what they push.

Back