• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hunting holster for underhammer pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mastadonald

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello all. I am planning on taking my Ingrham .54 underhammer out on opening day deer season here in ND. I'm curious if anyone here knows of a source for holsters that would work, I seem to recall some for the Kahnke type pistols. If not holsters how about other carry methods? Other than the "in the belt carry" that is! Thanks.

make your own pouch holster, but suspend it from a shoulder, rather than the belt. These holsters and guns are too big to be pulling down on our pants. Make a shoulder holster rig, and then attach the pouch to that. Most people find it more comfortable to have the rig suspended across their chest, rather than under their off arm. If you are looking for a holster to fit that is made commercially, look for holsters made for the Remington XP100, The Thompson Center Contender or Explorer, and similar single shot pistols. They will either fit, or be closer than anything else on the market.

Since none of this is PC, take a look at the holsters make from nylon products to save the weight. No sense walking around with any extra pound of leather, or two just to carry the pistol. There are such holsters made for the Freedom arms revolvers, and the Ruger Redhawk, and the S&W .500 revolver, that are large guns, with long barrels. One of them may fit. The synthetic holsters tend to be cheaper than leather, and since you probably are not looking to carry this gun daily, they are a great buy.

This is really un-PC as to what I am about to say. If the gun is really long like a TC Contender you are probably better off to attach a sling to it. Don't laugh, that is what I do.

Back