• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Howdy from Southern IL!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phamil

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello all... I've been a member here for a while, but just recently started coming back here for information. This will teach me to use the bookmarks on my computer!

A little about me: I'm a school teacher that loves his flintlocks. I shoot my home-built fusil de chasse in .62 caliber as regularly as possible. My interests are in reenacting the early and mid-1700s time period. I dabble in everything from leather work to blacksmithing.

I've been looking for info about club butt fowlers, as my interest in smoothbores is expanding.

I look forward to visiting and learning from everyone here.... it's a lively and friendly crowd!

-Phil

Welcome back glad you found us again. Click on that little gold star like I did.

Jay
San Angelo, Texas

Welcome back Philliam! We been keepin the signal fire going for you! Glad you made it back home! :thumbsup:

Davy

Thanks for the warm welcome. It looks like there is a bunch of friendly Texans on here! I'm headed to San Antonio in three weeks and can't wait to step foot in the Alamo....and Finck Cigar Company's store! So far I've only seen North Texas.

I don't know why I've overlooked this forum for so long. It was refreshing to see all of the topics that I'm interested in and people at all levels of the hobby. I frequent two or three others and although I really enjoy the history behind muzzleloaders and the reenacting hobby in general, some of the other groups aren't as welcoming to those who are wanting to step from the beginner's circle to a more accurate historical representation. We all have to start somewhere! I just hope I don't try everyone's patience too much.

Thanks again everyone.

I'm also a school teacher living in southern Illinois. I live near Pittsburg, IL, outside of Marion. Just recently purchased my first muzzleloader a .32 caliber percussion to use for squirrel hunting. Learning the ropes of muzzleloading, been fun so far. What city do you live in?

flashes79: I'm from the Mt. Vernon area. I did my student teaching at Marion High School in the spring of 2001. I assume that the "79" in your screen name is a birth year, so that may have put us in the same classes if you went to SIUC.

Have fun getting into the muzzleloaders. It sounds like you have some squirrel hunting to do!

I was startin to think I was the only person in sothern Illinois with a muzzle loader,I live about 17 miles south of marion. Welcome guys.

Phil,
Welcome back to the MLF. Hope you will become a more active member. Visit often and contribute
when you can.
I am snake-eyes:hatsoff:

Welcome back Phil. :hatsoff:

Hang around long enough and you'll be makin' the Forum yer home page. :haha:

Latest posts

Back