• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How to ship 1861 Springfield

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best way I know of is to buy a Flamboyou hard plastic case on wal-mart.com. It will get delivered in a box that you can re-use to ship the rifle. Take the barrel out and put both stock and barrel into plastic case. Put plastic case back in box seal it up and address it. Take to post office and ship ground select. Easy peezy lemon squeezy.

If your going to order a shipping box I would suggest contacting Track of the Wolf about purchasing one of there’s. It may be a little costly to get one, but it would be more costly dealing with a broken gun. I’ve shipped and received several guns over the years using there box and have never had a problem. A worker at fedex saw how it was constructed and told me it would have to get run over with a fork lift to get damaged. If you use one of there boxes wrap the gun in plastic before placing between the foam. The only gun I’ve ever received damaged came from Dixie in two pieces. It was simply wrapped in bubble wrap and placed in a box. Dixie was quick in making things right though. I wouldn’t recommend shipping the gun with the barrel removed. The barrel gives strength to the stock. Removing it would make the stock more vulnerable to getting broke.

Back