• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How Much Brass Blackening Solution for one Rifle?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn’t think you could use more than 3-4 oz on a single gun, even reapplying several times, and spilling at least once. You can literally do the whole barrel with an ounce or two. It doesn’t take much, but I do have the quart size bottle so I always have plenty. I hate cutting stuff close.

Don't know how much. I let the brass darken from use. But I did use some dirty cleaning patches while still damp after a thorough cleaning after a day of shooting. That will darken brass.
Honest use will give you the best results over the long run.

Ord, lots of folks grey their iron with BB. Kibler shows that in his videos so I assumed that’s what he was talking about. There’s no brass on an SMR.

I only used part of a bottle of BC Super Blue on my colonial for barrel, lock, and brass. The brass used a little more than the iron, so a small bottle should have you set with that SMR. Good luck and happy building.

RM

If you can't wait for it to turn naturally with use, I think the dirty cleaning patches give it a more authentic look than Brass Black. JMO
Robby

Latest posts

Back