• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How long have you been ......

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started when I was 8 with a flint lock rifle. Don't have any fint locks now but still shooting blackpowder that was 13 years ago. I also shot bp in 4-H from when I was 10 or 11 and when I was 12 I took my first deer with one.

Started in 74 with 50 TC. perc. the next rifle was a flint have been shootin flinters ever since. That makes it 38 great years!

Mike

Shot my Grandpas flintlock when I was 5, that was in 1936, shot them off and on for the next 25 yrs.
been into them heavy for the last 50 yrs.
Deadeye

ill proudly take the "new guy" flag, i fired my first BP firearm this year. ive been shooting BP for about 6 months now and i love it.

-Matt

Well lets see, I bought my Navy colt kit in about 1988 or 89 when I was 20(ish). That makes it 23 years give or take. In fairness there were some periods I didn't shoot any BP at all, but for the most part those periods were either no shooting at all, or the only shooting I did was US navy related.

Now I know why my old colt needs new nipples. I'm still using the ones it came with!!

I built and shot my first flintlock in 1967 at the age of 17, using parts from DGW.

:hmm:
Not real sure cause there was a lot going
on at the time,but 40years + or - a year or two.
snake-eyes

I started shooting caplocks when Nixon was in his first term I jumped into flintlocks when I got out of the Navy in 1978. A Navy Arms Kentucky Longrifle was my first muzzle loader I had to special order it from a local gun shop as nobody stocked muzzle loaders around here back then.

Not very long. I've been hunting and shooting all my life and have primarily been a single action revolver and levergun nut. I have only been into blackpowder for about six years. It's all I've hunted with for the last five.

off and on about 15yrs, after i got married my wife bought me a traditions ML in a pawnshop. i don't remember the model, but it was a cheapie, i think it was $50. i hunted a few year's with it, but the unseasonably warm weather around here got the best of me so i gave it up, and sold my ML. but i bought a T/C Hawken 8 year's ago, and been back at it ever since. and i've added a few more to collection, but i'm done buyin' now, just gona enjoy what i have.

Nessmuck56 said:
How long have you been shooting black powder ?? For me ,I started when I was 24 ..so that would give me 32 years of BP.

Somewhere in the 1966-1967 time frame don't recall exactly, not earlier than 1965. Dad bought me a 32 cal rifle, pretty nice little custom 1/2 stock.
Was building rifles by the time I was 18, usually at night on the dining room table.
DiningtableGunsmithing.jpg

I had a forge in the old machinery shed.
Still have a big "made in England" vise that was purchased at Coast to Coast. Try finding THAT now.

Dan

Back