• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How Few Members Are There in The NMLRA Today?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I took his place as a Field Rep, then as State Coordinator. He has passed on a few years back.
Michael

pittsburgh longhunter said:
I have not joined simply because everything seems to revolve around friendship. the magazine kind of sucks,(john curry's articles were the highlight)so I think I will save my forty bucks....

And that is one of the problems, Somewhere I asked how big (acres) Friendship was but I can't find it. I'm just throwing some thoughts out, but would it be feasible to turn a 3 day Territorial into a week long shoot? say Fri. through Thursday?. Then vendors will have more time to sell their wares. It could also increase the number of shooters for the event. Just Thinking out loud.

Mrs Coot & I are vendors. It is a hobby business for us (thank goodness) & we attend a number of events where if we counted all of our expenses, we would be losing money - but we attend those events because we enjoy them. That said, we have many vendor friends who are trying to make or at least seriously supplement their living. Several factors enter into the decision on whether to attend an event, prior sales at that event being number one. Time away from home/shop including travel is another. The average vendor has a bigger set up & needs more time to make/break camp than the average camper - often this means a night in a motel. Vendors generally pull trailers so gas cost more on average. A longer event does not mean more sales - if someone wants something & can justify the cost, they will buy it. If not, they won't. Longer events simply spread the sales over more days. (Once you buy that knife or whatever, you do not buy another the next day). (The exception being food). The location & date of the event are also important - can you make a "loop" of several events on consecutive weekends - or will it be a long run out & back to a single event. Small events seldom have enough customers to be cost effective but a bigger event may not either. People come to market fairs with shopping in mind so from a vendor point of view, a smaller market fair may mean more customers than a larger rondy. Some events are well populated with campers who are on a tight budget, think they can make it themselves or go home to try to find a cheaper item online - all fine but, not likely to encourage a return visit from a vendor.

Friendship is approx 600 acres.Land that was acquired thru donations and fundraising shoots not membership dues. The NMLRA sponsors the territorial program by furnishing medals and developing shoot program so all events are equal and run the same. All territorials are organized and run by host clubs and a small group of volunteers, so when you suggest adding days to event are you volunteering to run them for the additional time? The territorial program was developed to encourage competitive shooting across the country and give people who don't have the opportunity to come to Phoenix or Friendship the chance to shoot NMLRA matches closer to home.
I know of no territorial that doesn't allow and even encourage vendors to come to the event but I don't know how to force them to come, as has been stated in previous posts if they can't make money it really isn't worth it for them and I don't blame them at all! The NMLRA is still first and foremost about shooting muzzle loaders not shopping, which I enjoy as much as the next person.

dixie said:
All territorials are organized and run by host clubs and a small group of volunteers, so when you suggest adding days to event are you volunteering to run them for the additional time?

The deal with Volunteers is many if you don't thank em, feed em, or just send some token of appreciation. They quit donating their time.

I know the one reason that the SASS Event in Phoenix is never at a loss for volunteers is. After the bill are paid, and the seed money for the next Winter Range.

The Arizona company of Territorial Rides, take the shoots profit, and donates that EXCESS PROFIT to the Service Clubs, and Non Profit Group that help make the event happen with their armada of volunteers.

Back