• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How accurate are printed pics from TOTW online?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Managed to download and print a buttplate pic from TOTW online catalog. Any clue how accurate the dimensions and layout are? I would love to get even an old catalog but they are out of stock. BTW my most current TOTW and Log Cabin catalogs are like 1982!!!!

vintovka,

Acrobat Reader pdf's of Track's last catalog are available to down load from their website. You can find it here under the Downloads tab.

Find the page with the part you are interested in, download it, print it out as "actual" size.

Any clue how accurate the dimensions and layout are?
Good question! The TOW catalog has always been about the "actual size" and so handy for just that.
Without the actual physical catalog in hand, the jpeg images available on-line are subject to device and screen resolution as well as printer settings.(?)
I'd call them, maybe they have experience/knowledge of the proper situation to set up a downloaded size in proper frame.

Good question! The TOW catalog has always been about the "actual size" and so handy for just that.
Without the actual physical catalog in hand, the jpeg images available on-line are subject to device and screen resolution as well as printer settings.(?)
I'd call them, maybe they have experience/knowledge of the proper situation to set up a downloaded size in proper frame.
Tried for days no getting thru always busy. I trust a catalog over a PDF anyone willing to part with one??

I bought a buttplate at Dixons fair once from some vendor. It was supposedly for an A. Verner Bucks County style rifle, which is what I was building. The thing must've been made for a kids gun as it was much too small. I then ordered one from Track of the Wolf and it was spot on.

Track also lists the dimensions. When you print the pdf, measure one of the primary dimensions and compare it to the description. If it's not a match that you need, scan the pdf to photo format and manipulate the size until it's a match.

Without the actual physical catalog in hand, the jpeg images available on-line are subject to device and screen resolution as well as printer settings.
'
I'm not recommending using the jpeg images on the pages where you order the part, but go to the pdf versions of the catalog at this link.

Track's Catalog 18, Out of Print Please use our FREE on-line catalog and web site. - Track of the Wolf

My TOTW Catalog #18 is just under 8½ x 11 inches so the pdf of a catalog page will easily fit on a normal paper size in your printer. Just check to make sure it is printed at "Actual Size" or "100%", whichever matches your printer interface.

This is how it looks with my printer controls:
Print Catalog pdf.jpg

As pointed out by longcruise, the description usually has some dimensions that you can check the printing against.

Thank you for the tutorial.
What you suggest is still printing the "actual size" of a "jpeg" of the "page" in it's entirety.
It's not the page,, it's a photo of the page.
The physical catalog has actual size as printed.
Do you have provenance of random printed pages actually being consistent with the physical catalogs pages?

p.s. give up the HP printers. go with epson eco-tank and never look back

Managed to download and print a buttplate pic from TOTW online catalog. Any clue how accurate the dimensions and layout are? I would love to get even an old catalog but they are out of stock. BTW my most current TOTW and Log Cabin catalogs are like 1982!!!!
Which but-plate are you interested in?
I have catalogue 18 and can easily give you the dimensions.
As the whole of my state of New South Wales is in lockdown due to Covid I have plenty of free time:):)

I downloaded it and looks like BP-Beck-2b is about right. Hopefully heel is solid and not hollow. May ordered it and one other and see what happens. This is for the Frankenflinter project so stock is already fully inletted for everything and fit is critical. Thanks to our friend "Artie Righteous" my inletting skills are severely impacted. Wish i knew a builder near 97439.
20210612_150428.jpg

Back