• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hodgens Triple 7 ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope I can get some here but I ain't holding my breath. Can't get much of anything in this area. When asking the workers at what few sporting goods stores there are here anything about traditional muzzleloaders or supplies, they look at you like your from Mars.
That's pretty much how it is everywhere.

Next time you go into one of these places, greet them with "Kaor", explain in broken English that you don't speak English very well, that Dotar Sojat sent you and wondered if you could recommend a good livery stable that would accept his thoat and further would he be able to purchase a Barsoomian radium rifle at this store.

If you get someone young enough, you might even get him to ask his manager about the Barsoomian rifle. Could be lots of fun.

That's pretty much how it is everywhere.

Next time you go into one of these places, greet them with "Kaor", explain in broken English that you don't speak English very well, that Dotar Sojat sent you and wondered if you could recommend a good livery stable that would accept his thoat and further would he be able to purchase a Barsoomian radium rifle at this store.

If you get someone young enough, you might even get him to ask his manager about the Barsoomian rifle. Could be lots of fun.
Or perhaps ask them for a barrel stretcher. :)

You guys need to quit complaining about your local gunshop not carrying powder and just order some and have it delivered to your door. Ignoring the obvious is getting a little tedious.....
Not complaining or ignoring anything. Nothing has been tedious for me. I simply stated that I asked the local gun shops because I didn't know if they carried it. Now I know why they don't. Just passing on some info and having a conversation on the forum. I know that I can order it or go to Friendship at the NMLRA and get it.

Just messing around and a 450 bushmaster case will hold about 55g of T7 3F. 50g allowed me to cap it off with a 50 cal felt wad. Tied a small piece of serving around the wad so I could pull it out. Might be good to load a couple to carry for hunting.

You guys need to quit complaining about your local gunshop not carrying powder and just order some and have it delivered to your door. Ignoring the obvious is getting a little tedious.....
The problem with ignoring a problem too long is that some problems, like the pile of dog manure on the porch, eventually cannot be ignored. We have in this country exactly one producer of black powder,,, and they have been out of production for a while now with half-hearted hopes that they will one day start production again. There are only a handful of online dealers, so it would be relatively simple for any government to force them out of business by simply banning imports and having another "accidental" fire. Think it can't happen? Just you wait...

The problem with ignoring a problem too long is that some problems, like the pile of dog manure on the porch, eventually cannot be ignored. We have in this country exactly one producer of black powder,,, and they have been out of production for a while now with half-hearted hopes that they will one day start production again. There are only a handful of online dealers, so it would be relatively simple for any government to force them out of business by simply banning imports and having another "accidental" fire. Think it can't happen? Just you wait...
And that's why I keep 100lbs in stock. Most off mine goes into cartridges, Never have trusted that smokeless stuff....passing fad I'm sure.

I only use holy black in the flinter, but I have been using 777 in the revolver.
For the rifle I soak the patches in No.13 bore cleaner NOT bore butter.
For the pistol I stuff bore butter on every moving part to keep them moving.
Ive had zero problems with the 777 and bore butter, dont put it down the barrel,
only No.13

Back