• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hi there from New Zealand

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the best in your new country - very fond memories of the 1987 MLAIC event at Kitchener - Kiwis and Cannucks get on great. You're moving closer to BP Heaven as well - Friendship. Go for it!!

Welcome to the forum and North America from western North Carolina USA. We will almost be neighbors, maybe 2500 miles or just over 4000 kilometers between us. All kidding aside, good luck. You are making a big move.

Kia Ora BP Kiwi,
Great to see a new New Zealander on the forum.
All the best on your new life .Canada is one amazing country & North America has the most wonderful history & ongoing Muzzleloaders and folks that have great experience & intrest in them.
All the very best to you over there.
Ki kite & Nga mihi ehoa 👍
Kia Ora Ehoa,

Just out of interest, are you from Pukatea in Marlborough mate?

Nga Mihi Nui

Hello from NZ,

I am a keen hunter and get out as often as I can here chasing red deer as well as feral pigs and goats. I am in the process of moving to Alberta, Canada (wifey is Canadian) and I'm looking forward to connecting with the black powder community over there.

Currently shooting a CVA percussion in 45cal PRB, I have a traditions flinter in 50cal waiting for me in Canada.
Liveing in the South Island but knowing BC & Alberta you can expect a lot more winter & seasons & tags ect for game other wise its much the same as NZ you can factor in Bear & Mouse .What part of Alberta ? there are some keen muzzleloaders down South of Red Deer .
Rudyard

All the best in your new country - very fond memories of the 1987 MLAIC event at Kitchener - Kiwis and Cannucks get on great. You're moving closer to BP Heaven as well - Friendship. Go for it!!
Naaa' He's only saying that because its true!
Rudyard from Tap .

Hello from NZ,

I am a keen hunter and get out as often as I can here chasing red deer as well as feral pigs and goats. I am in the process of moving to Alberta, Canada (wifey is Canadian) and I'm looking forward to connecting with the black powder community over there.

Currently shooting a CVA percussion in 45cal PRB, I have a traditions flinter in 50cal waiting for me in Canada.
So did Mz. Adearn let you guys keep muzzleloaders, at least? Canada should be nice in Alberta.

Liveing in the South Island but knowing BC & Alberta you can expect a lot more winter & seasons & tags ect for game other wise its much the same as NZ you can factor in Bear & Mouse .What part of Alberta ? there are some keen muzzleloaders down South of Red Deer .
Rudyard
You're in the South Island too mate? Where abouts?
I'll be moving to the Rocky Mountain House area, not far from Red Deer.

So did Mz. Adearn let you guys keep muzzleloaders, at least? Canada should be nice in Alberta.
Yep, fortunately I was not affected by the buyback scheme as my guns are all bolt, pump action or single shot. However, I have friends who had to fight tooth and nail to hold onto rifles that were essential for their work (commercial goat cullers etc)

Awesome. Yes, I would love to get to Friendship and plan on it within the next couple of years

Haha Rogee, I'm in Anakiwa, not far from you at all.
Morena BP Kiwi.
Nice one :) another sounds fella.
It's a little ironical... my better 1/2 is a Canuk.
Nanaimo is her whkapapa.
Lovely place . Not unlike our homes around here.
Never did shoot there but went fishing with bears on other side of river. They were happy enough over there until I caught a fish & they seemd a little put out with me taking there kai :(
You never saw a Maori scrambling up a bank as fast as this old Koro.
Gezz louise they can move those guys.
Enjoy your time in Canada. Great place and lovely folks :)

Morena BP Kiwi.
Nice one :) another sounds fella.
It's a little ironical... my better 1/2 is a Canuk.
Nanaimo is her whkapapa.
Lovely place . Not unlike our homes around here.
Never did shoot there but went fishing with bears on other side of river. They were happy enough over there until I caught a fish & they seemd a little put out with me taking there kai :(
You never saw a Maori scrambling up a bank as fast as this old Koro.
Gezz louise they can move those guys.
Enjoy your time in Canada. Great place and lovely folks :)
Nanaimo bath tub city. I went down the Homathka river twice worked at Cumsac Creak logging camp to fatten up . Went down the Tesitika on the Island once was working at Nimpkish lake carrying my muzzle loaders of course . Bears there just furry people Small World.
Regards Rudyard

Nanaimo bath tub city. I went down the Homathka river twice worked at Cumsac Creak logging camp to fatten up . Went down the Tesitika on the Island once was working at Nimpkish lake carrying my muzzle loaders of course . Bears there just furry people Small World.
Regards Rudyard
Atamarie to you Rudyard.
Great reading that :)
Nga mihi fella

Yep, fortunately I was not affected by the buyback scheme as my guns are all bolt, pump action or single shot. However, I have friends who had to fight tooth and nail to hold onto rifles that were essential for their work (commercial goat cullers etc)
Imagine being in a bar, and a lass asks what a fella does, and he says, "Oi! I'm a professional goat culler!"

Sent you a PM Rudyard
I replied earlier & sent you a PM .
Cheers Rudyard
Imagine being in a bar, and a lass asks what a fella does, and he says, "Oi! I'm a professional goat culler!"
In NZ that isn't so odd I was a professional Deer Culler & had trapped Opossums the winter before in 1968.
Rudyard

Back