• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

New From Central Oregon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello!

New here from Wickiup Junction, Oregon!

I was told about this forum from a family member who I recently reconnected with after many years and we have a lot to talk about!

Been shooting MLs since I built my first, a CVA .45 Kentucky when I was a teenager. Had a few along the way but currently only have a .54 T/C Renegade, a Euroarms .58 Springfield Zouave and a old ASM 1851 .36 Colt Navy revolver.

Unfortunately my original CVA Kentucky suffered from lots of rough use, some parts breakage (along with the stock) and while I considered restoring it I had too many other projects so I sold it for parts.

Interestingly about this time I was given the T/C Renegade by a co-worker. It was first given to him by a lady friend whose late husband owned it - but unfortunately had not been cleaned from the last time it was shot over 20 years ago. This co-worker was not a 'gun guy' and knew I would be able to do something with it so he gave it to me. Well, long story short but a lengthy and careful cleaning, along with some other work, brought it back to about 90% and it shoots excellently. If anyone is interested I'll post pics of it - before and after and describe the process.

Anyway I look forward to discussing all things muzzleloading with everyone!
welcome From Oregon

After 45 years in the Rogue Valley, 10 in the Willamette and three in Eagle Crest, I have to say I have eaten my share of burgers at the DQ in Wickiup Junction. Welcome from the Rolling Plains of west-central Texas.

Back