• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello From Upstate New York

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hman0217

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello friends

I just joined and want to say hi and introduce myself. I just bought my first muzzleloader - a CVA Optima - this past season. While I haven't had a harvest with it yet, I've really enjoyed the little range time I've had with it. What a fun gun to shoot and I'm quite impressed with the accuracy!

Anyway...it's kinda given me a bit of a bug and now I am interested in building more traditional muzzleloaders, probably a flintlock. Looking forward to being a part of the online muzzleloader community

Cheers
Hany

Welcome from Maine. Discussions on in-lines are not allowed on this forum.
Nit Wit
Thanks Nit Wit. I'm here for traditional muzzleloading i was just providing context for where I'm coming from but I'll note not to mention it any further. Thanks for letting me know.

Welcome, there are numerous BP clubs in your area. The Old Saratoga Muzzleloading Club is very active and will be starting their Sunday shoots soon. Go on their website, visit a Sunday shoot, you may find a gun to buy and join the gang!

hman0127
Welcome! I am from the Southern Tier of NYS. A lot of great information to be learned from this site.

Howsv
hman0127
Welcome! I am from the Southern Tier of NYS. A lot of great information to be learned from this site

hman0127
Welcome! I am from the Southern Tier of NYS. A lot of great information to be learned from this site.
How's the hunting round there now a days ? I used to hunt Ashford hollow and east otto most of the time really miss it !

Welcome, there are numerous BP clubs in your area. The Old Saratoga Muzzleloading Club is very active and will be starting their Sunday shoots soon. Go on their website, visit a Sunday shoot, you may find a gun to buy and join the gang!
Oh that's great to know. I ordered the Buchele book and been combing the forum but nothing like getting out there and trying the guns to know what you like. Happy to drive to Schuylerville

Back