• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

hi from il.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

al v

32 Cal.
Reaction score
retired old bow hunter, new to bp,been lurking liked the site. cant bow hunt any more, my boy got me bp rifle, lyman gpr 54.cal, need to learn alot ,so thanks in advance for your help. an oldman22

:hatsoff: Howdy,and welcome to the forum.Glad ya like it.Yer never to old.If ya can't climbe there's always a ground blind.Good yer gettin into BP. :thumbsup: Griz

Howdy Oldman. :hatsoff: Welcome to the Forum.
I have a feeling you're going to like that .54 GPR. I know I like mine. :thumbsup:

Whereabouts are you in Illinois? Anywhere near the Peoria area?

Welcome Al, always good to see another graybeard join in. You are never too old to learn something, and this is the place to learn about muzzle loaders.

That ain't too far. If you ever want to get together and do some shootin' just give me a holler. I'm in Pekin and belong to the Midwest Gun Collectors range up between Spring Bay and Lacon.

The Illini MLers Club shoots there twice a month from April to October and we could always use more shooters. Pretty good bunch of guys. We have a lot of fun shootin' and BS-in'. If you'd be interested I can give you more info.

Welcome to the forum :thumbsup: I'm from "downstate" Illinois.. and I'm sure you will learn alot from the fellow members of this site, I know I sure have !

WG

Hello from Ky. I am a bowhunter and blackpowder hunter for many years , since 1979. welcome to you. I also am new to the forums. I dont compete or club shoot strictly a hunter. but I like to make my own stuff and keep it simple . Glad to answer any questions you have about deer hunting but I am sure you have a lot of experince also.

Welcome, used to live in Illinois myself, born in Mattoon. I also have a GPR, great rifles.

Back