• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help with question regarding Lyman peep sight

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flintlock62

32 Cal
Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone can help me out, I am wanting to put a Lyman peep sight on my flintlock but am unsure which one to use. I am wondering the hole distance between the mounting holes.
Thanks for your help

I am wondering if anyone can help me out, I am wanting to put a Lyman peep sight on my flintlock but am unsure which one to use. I am wondering the hole distance between the mounting holes.
Thanks for your help
I believe the hole spacing on the 57 SML sight base is 1.25”. If you have a 3 hole TC or Lyman tang it should fit. If you have two holes in the tang, no big deal to spot, drill and tap the hole you need. I have three set up, two tangs had the third hole, one I had to drill and tap that third hole.

i have the lyman 57 sml and the distance between the holes is 1 1/4th in. mine is on a hawken cap lock and i had to drill the tang
lyman on a hawken.jpg

I think that is the one I will have to get, the tang on my TVM flintlock is 3 inches long, so I suppose that’s fine right. Or is the tang to short

Muzzleloaders.com lists both a Williams FP Hawken tang sight and a Lyman 57 tang sight. Both seem to have a 1.25 spacing. You may want to give them a call and get their advice for your needs. I put the Williams FP Hawken on my older T/C that was factory drilled and tapped. Works great.

The angle of the sight base has to fit or at least come darn close to fitting the angle of the wrist or it I believe you might have a problem.

Latest posts

Back