• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help with my "new" Flinter

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_0069-1.jpg

IMG_0073-1.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

I just picked this up in an online auction. It is much nicer than I actually thought. I'm hoping someone might have an idea of its' origins or builder. First, the triggerguard is missing. This scared off most bidders and was probably a positive overall. There is no damage, it just isn't there. TOW has a replacement for around $14. It appears to be a modern, custom-build with very good work on the fit and finish. The 11-1/2" barrel is .45 cal and straight. The maple has a decent curl. There are no markings, except for "L Carver" on the back of the lockplate. The lock is smooth, and sparks nicely. Thanks for any guidance.

find out if he built anything similar. I am always curious about such things. I still think the lock is a Chambers, but maybe he added his own name. Thanks

That is a very nice pistol :thumbsup: I wonder what happened to the triger guard.

Doesn't look like it was ever installed. Pilot holes only for the screw and pin. Got one on the way from TOW. Hoping it gets here by the weekend. Got a mini Rondy coming Saturday. Hoping to get a few Roundballs down range and cook up a feast in the new Dutch oven Santa brought me.

Found out yesterday that my neighbor made the
lock L Carver. He bought castings and put them
together and stamped his name L Carver on them.
L stands for Leanard. These were made in the 70's
He did not make the pistol.

Thanks. That is cool info. It is a great lock. Sparks like a Zippo lighter. I finally got the new triggerguard installed. I now know what "sand cast" means. 5 hours of filing and polishing and I discovered a beautiful shiny piece. I would have never guessed the pistol was from the 70's. Thanks for the update.

Back