• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help with info on Percussion Drilling

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

classicaa

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I am new to this forum and was hoping that you might be able to help me figure out what I have here. I have a VERY interesting percussion three barrel "drilling". One interesting thing is that the rifle barrel is on the top with the two shotgun barrels placed side by side underneath it. It appears to be 20ga x 20ga x 45cal. The barrels are 28" long. The locks ..which are back-action type are marked

L. LEPPELMAN
FREMONT OHIO
GARRANTED

This mark appears on both locks.

the top of the barrel is also marked

J. ROSEBOROUGH

It has a crescent style buttstock (very much like a typical Kentucky style rifle) and there is no wood forward of the triggers.. and never had any wood there. The stock also has a somewhat "fleur de lis" shaped patch box with a round access door.

It has double triggers, the front of which works either the left shotgun barrel or the rifle barrel. What is REALLY cool about this gun is that the trigger gaurd is also the underhammer for the rifle barrel...so i assume there is a LONG flash hole that goes up between the shotgun barrels and into the rifles chamber.

What i am mostly after here is if anyone can tell me a bit more about the maker names on the gun, how rare this "drilling" type rifle is and a guestimate of its age. Thanks in advance

Seen a few like this over the years but nothing like this combo any chance of a pic or two (just asking what everyone else will we need pics!) And this one sounds really intresting. Fred :hatsoff:

I would definately love to see pics of that one!

Posting pics is easy. Go set up an account at[url] photobucket.com[/url]. Upload your pics to it and you will get a link that you can copy. Paste this link into your message and voila, a pic!

If you have any problems, just ask. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
if ya got a friend with one of these see if he can scan your pics or if you need a cd made when you have your pics done and let him do it and teach you at same time.. thats the way I had to lear. But we really need pics of this one!! Fred :hatsoff:

Saw this one a bit late when I was looking for info on underhammers. If you can scrounge up a copy of Logans book it will have a pretty detailed desciption of the percussion drillings with the underhammer action. Very neat guns.

Latest posts

Back