• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help identifying rifle manufacturer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

As I stated in my earlier thread I was given a couple of rifle kits. One of them was spread through various boxes and I believe I have found everything that goes with it. Missing screws, butt plate and trigger guard. I am including pics. Not sure if it is possible to identify but figured I would give it a try. I am also including a pic of a powder flask. It looked like it could be old. Could not find any identifying marks on it.

Thanks for any assistance.

inside lock.jpeg
image0.jpeg
image12.jpeg
image10.jpegimage10.jpegpowder flask.jpeg

Attachments

• image11.jpeg
    image11.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Stock.jpeg
    Stock.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Its an investarms rifle no doubt about it the patch box is a tell tale sign. But most of there models were made using TC Hawkens parts (triggers, buttstock, nose cap, locks) however this is when they were using the Lyman GPR lock and barrel (using one lug) if I am not mistaken this barrel will drop into the deer stalker stock as well. Investarms is owned by Lyman or vice-versa. Over all its a quality gun. The reason it may not have the tell tale I was they made a lot of these guns more major retailers such as Cabelas. I have the Cabelas Hawkens ( The TC style) and "I" is there. My hunting buddy back in Michigan has the same gun but Cabelas Hawken is there but the "I" is not. :idunno: But I will stake my reputation as a Hawkens man that's what you have. An Italian made Investarm, made by Lyman Hawkens rifle using the GPR lock and a deerstalker barrel. One more detail the barrel should be 15/16 as well let me know if it isn't.
I don’t know what you’re looking at but it ain’t what I’m looking at. Nothing in those photos are from investarms.

A little early for New Years celebrations.

Its an investarms rifle no doubt about it the patch box is a tell tale sign. But most of there models were made using TC Hawkens parts (triggers, buttstock, nose cap, locks) however this is when they were using the Lyman GPR lock and barrel (using one lug) if I am not mistaken this barrel will drop into the deer stalker stock as well. Investarms is owned by Lyman or vice-versa. Over all its a quality gun. The reason it may not have the tell tale I was they made a lot of these guns more major retailers such as Cabelas. I have the Cabelas Hawkens ( The TC style) and "I" is there. My hunting buddy back in Michigan has the same gun but Cabelas Hawken is there but the "I" is not. :idunno: But I will stake my reputation as a Hawkens man that's what you have. An Italian made Investarm, made by Lyman Hawkens rifle using the GPR lock and a deerstalker barrel. One more detail the barrel should be 15/16 as well let me know if it isn't.
I am still looking for the patch box you mentioned and haven't found it in any of the pictures. That is a Green Mountain barrel and never knew Investarms to use Green Mountain barrels. Looks like probably a Chambers Siler or a Chambers Golden Age lock. May be an early Lancaster pre-carve. That is some really nice parts there . Wish I had a friend Like that.

I don’t know what you’re looking at but it ain’t what I’m looking at. Nothing in those photos are from investarms.

A little early for New Years celebrations.
I don't think investarms ever made a fullstock. If investarms the stock would be cut for the butt plate and the barrel would not be GM.

Does the lock at least come close to fitting the inlet? I think a chambers lock would show better workmanship.

I don't think investarms ever made a fullstock. If investarms the stock would be cut for the butt plate and the barrel would not be GM.

Does the lock at least come close to fitting the inlet? I think a chambers lock would show better workmanship.
Yes the lock and trigger both fit. If the lock is the one that Pecotonica includes in their kits then it is Chambers Siler.

Investarms, as good as they are can only wish they were the maker of the above kit!
if i close my eyes and hold my breath long enough, maybe i can hallucinate that being Hawkenish. nope, can't do it.
that stock may be a plain grade but looks like quality wood to me.
lock does look like a siler.
that GM barrel is the cream on the cake!
you have the fixin's of a fine tree rat smacker right there!

Reminds me of putting a TC Hawkin together 15 years ago. I had a lock a stock and a barrel. I roamed all over central Indiana looking for parts. I could have contacted TC, but searching was more fun. It took a few months and some fitting. but I got it all fitted together and for a 50 yard rifle it works out fine. Enjoy your work and take your time.

Latest posts

Back