• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help! GPR Shooting

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MR. Troll,
I'll go along with you on blaming flyers on the rifleman when he is engGED IN OFF HAND SHOOTING,
BUT ANY FLYER ENCOUNTERED WHEN SHOOTING BENCH REST HAS TO BE BLAMED ON SOMETHOMG OTHER THAN THE SHAKES.
IT HAS ALWAYS PUZZLED ME WHYP PEOPLE ACCEPT FLYERS AS SOMETHING CAUSED BY SOME SPIRITUAL BEING WHO CAN NOT BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE

SEND ME AN EMAIL AT

[email protected]

AND U'LL SEND MY BOOK, NO CHARGE.

DUTCH SCHOULTZ

whmoose,

I believe I owe you $10 How do I get it to you.

In my harangue about flyers I totally neglected the effect of crosswinds.
My practice on windy days of shooting only as the gust was dying was so effective in minimizing the effect of crosswinds that I totally forgot about its annoying result on target.
Contact me at

[email protected]

Dutch just keep posting is payment enough, Sir!!

Wow your method for shooting then is what I have used to win many medals.

I Still got caught sometimes at the Ft Ty range had some weird mountain effect to the gusts. But that method worked very well at others.

I was taught that by one of the best National Match competitor who has many records. (and is a natural no heartbeat type of shooter)

I have an older 50 cal. GPR and have shot at least 1000 rounds with it but was never happy with the accuracy. A few days ago I forgot my range rod so was obliged to use the gun's wooden ramrod. Since it is fragile, I used a lot less force in seating the ball. Accuracy immediately improved to where the group is the size of my hand at 100 yards. Yes - I have a large hand. The FFF powder, cast ball, patch, and patch lube remained the same. I was shooting seated at the bench with both elbows on the table.

Baby Huey,
Could you have been pounding the face of your lead balls out of shape with your steel range rod?
Just a firm seating of the ball is required but it should not be pounded into position.

Dutch Schoultz

This would be your last notice that you have until July 10 to make a donation to the Traditional Muzzleloading Rifle Forum and secure a free copy of my Black Powder Rifle Accuracy Book.

Stop and ask yourself "Is the Forum important to me

It is an amazing search and research tool that you would definitely miss if it disappeared.

Don't say you were not warned//

Dutch Schoultz

I can attest to the validity of Dutch's work. I purchased his book about 6 weeks ago and have done amazing work with my little .32 so far. I am down to an 1 1/4 inch 5 shot group at 30 yards which is as far as I am willing to shoot at a squirrel's head. The tight patching makes a huge difference now that I cut at the muzzle. Also the swagged balls I was using were off by as much as 2 grains so I now cast my own and toss anything above a 1/2 grain variance. I use Black MZ but I still wipe between shots when shooting for groups. The biggest thing I learned from him is you only change 1 variable at a time and keep a good record of what works and what does not. Kudos's Dutch! :bow:

Thank You,
The smaller calibers (.32 and .36) are a bit pickier than .45 and above.
Glad to see you are casting your own lead balls , Doing that right and rapidly should give you more consistent weights than purchased balls.
Dutch

Back