• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help determining T/C Scouts value

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
About 30 years I bought a new .50 caliber T/C Scout carbine. It is the half round half octagon model and is still in new never fired condition. I bought it for my states ML deer season but never used it before I bought my first inline ML.
It has but one single extremely small nick in the stock form safe storage less than 1/8" in size, other wise the gun is in perfect condition and as I said it has never been fired. Been stored well oiled in my safe all these years.
I also have two spare breach plugs for it.

I am looking to buy a percussion side hammer and are considering selling my T/C Scout to help fund the purchase if I can get a enough money for it.

Thanks for the help.

About 30 years I bought a new .50 caliber T/C Scout carbine. It is the half round half octagon model and is still in new never fired condition. I bought it for my states ML deer season but never used it before I bought my first inline ML.
It has but one single extremely small nick in the stock form safe storage less than 1/8" in size, other wise the gun is in perfect condition and as I said it has never been fired. Been stored well oiled in my safe all these years.
I also have two spare breach plugs for it.

I am looking to buy a percussion side hammer and are considering selling my T/C Scout to help fund the purchase if I can get a enough money for it.

Thanks for the help.
You could list it in the classified section requesting a trade.

and… Bubba is right. Your Scout is a fine rifle but per the rules will not be allowed in the classified section.

But, one thing you could try is looking through past auctions on gunbroker to see if you can find any that actually sold and what they went for.

Saw one sell on one of the gun sale sites about 6 months ago for $375. I think the pistol brings more money than the carbine.

1. The old adage 'it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it'.
2. One of the auction sites is probably best option.
3. In my opinion a NIB muzzleloader is worth a premium, especially a unique model that is no longer made.
2. Wouldn't take less than 5-600 in todays environment.

Back