• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello , Like to show some of my pistols, Thanks to all that welcome me, you are all very kind.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Assortment of some of my Black powder hands guns, and a couple others. Coolest piece to me is the hanging upside down plastic pirate cap pistole ( center) I bought at Pirate of the Caribbean gift shop at Disneyland in the early 1960's with my Grandparents who lived 20 miles away from the magic kingdom.

A junk New Orleans Ace kit pistol , bought at a gun show missing the ram rod and pipe, a loose barrel, and no wood stock. Was turned into a English type screw off barrel Loader. The Home made Turned and Tapper swamped canon ended barrel was a old 7/8'' octagon .30 cal. rifle barrel that I had cut down for its smaller cal. .The original barrel were of .45 cal. and with a 1/2-20 breach plug thread on the frame, it did not leave much chamber seal as the inter diameter of a National fine 1/2'' thread had a minor diameter almost at .45 diameter. And really the quality of the original barrel was over threaded deeper than the breach threads and very loose. I threaded the new barrel breech with a H1 factor pitch tap, H1 tap's are much more precise in tolerance . They tighten up that slop that you get from standard H3 taps. The trigger was hand checkered and the hammer was face carved. The Michigan whitetail deer antler was one in a thousand. To find the right thickness and width, with not a lot a curve took 3 years of looking . The brass barrel lug wrench was fashioned by me , but Wire Burned EDM on the correct barrel tapper octagon by Wolverine EDM of Grand Rapids Michigan. Shout out to Dave as he did the lay out and hit it dead on. This fun little belt pistol is a peach.

The single white handled pistol pictured is New Orleans Ace Pistol found recently at local gun auction, missing both wood and barrel. I made new out of original .30 cal. barrel buddy Norm Brooks gave me. I manage to get three barrels made out of it, as seen in the picture of three. I find these when I can at flea markets and Gun shows, and love making them. The top one in the picture of three s in process to finish. The deer antlers used are Michigan white tails, and take a whole lot of looking to find the right one. This was in a bucket of cuts for dog chews, sold at flea market.

Attachments

• 20200727_111947.jpg
    20200727_111947.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 154
  • 20210111_134159.jpg
    20210111_134159.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 156
  • 20210103_102144.jpg
    20210103_102144.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 131
  • 4oHUaPeSeDmU2b-qGYw85A.jpeg
    4oHUaPeSeDmU2b-qGYw85A.jpeg
    112.3 KB · Views: 120
Nice collection, I like what you did with the NOA parts. You don't see that everyday!
Thank you, only problem is I have to make a Bullitt mold for this .30 cal. Actual ID of bore is around .295'' with gauge pins. The closest thing in a ball nose cutter is 9/32'' or .282'' diameter. I figure I can flip a .310'' Alum Bullitt mold I have and turn it over and cut it to the other side with the digital read out on my mill at work. These are not target pistols by no means. But would be fun to shoot. I have scored some antique buck shot out of some brass shot gun shells I had laying around, these range from .278'' to .290'' in diameter, and will get me started. I really do not want the ball so large as to hammer down the barrel. As really their is no real good way to hold these to load without a loading block to cradle the gun. Picture shows my loading tool, horn knob end has ball pusher to start pre cut patch and ball at muzzle. Other end has funneled end for pouring with 10 grains 3f measurement. Ram rod with patch cleaning end, and just enough length to clear smashing your finger into the end of barrel.

Attachments

• 20210111_095152.jpg
    20210111_095152.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 74
Those screw barrels/NOA are very nice! I wish quality kits of those existed as you have them assembled.

-Jake

I have a baby version of your collection! Very nice sir!
View attachment 59653
Army .44 cal. , Navy .36 cal. and a baby .31 cal. ? Cool woody also. Real Nice group. I have always loved the looks of these colts because of the movie "The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly, As a 11 year old kid to see Eli Wallach as Tuco carry one of these wonderful sleek revolver on a string, I made up my mind that I had to have one. My first at 17 and since then I have own and repaired many.... I recently had the opportunity to trade for a copy of the Colt Patterson , and I'm afraid as my wife state's "old kid that has never grown up "

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to have a few more, particularly revolvers but I've thinned out a few. I did, however recently pick up a Pedersoli Charles Moore since this picture was taken.
BP Pistols.jpg

Griffiga, you have too many guns sir. Let me help you out. Send me the one second from the top on right. Last pistol I will ever need. She's a beauty.
Yes, that's my Jack Garner, one of the last ones with his signature on the barrel. It's a .62 Smoothbore. If you can believe it, I traded a guy straight across, that pistol for a 98 Mauser 8x57 that I bought a few years earlier at a local pawn shop for $150. I did throw in 100 rounds of ammo and a bayonet as my conscience got to bothering me some. He got it from his wife's father when he passed away and had no interest in black powder. He thought it was a replica that you hang on the wall and didn't know it actually fired - I didn't enlighten him. The one below it, Pedersoli LePage I can shoot pop cans at 40 yards no problem. I haven't tried the Pedersoli Charles Moore I just picked up yet, but I'm hoping it will do equally as well.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back