• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello From The Treasure Coast ,Florida

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JIM1911

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello to all,

What a great forum you have here. Ive been shooting,tinkering and just having fun with firearms for 30 years plus. Had twin sons born 10 years ago and layed low for a while but now they are old enough to learn proper firearm handling I introduced the to the sport about a month ago.

Started with rimfire handguns then center fire handguns then my .45 Cal Kentucky Flint pistol and worked up to my T/C .50 Cal Hawkin Percussion . And guess what one of my boys likes the best :hmm: My Hawkin !! I have had my breech plug out of one of my Hawkin .50 Cal Barrels for last week and the one son read about firing rate the marksman in the civil war obtained , With no plug in breech using just the barrel he is working on his form loading a raming patch and ball. Lets say for now he has caught smoke fever.
:yakyak: Keep up the great work. :grin:

Jim ,Treasure Coast ,Florida

Welcome to the best muzzleloading forum on the 'net, Jim! Where on the Treasure Coast are you? I live in Ft. Pierce and shoot at the Sebastian Range.
Bob

Hello Bob,

I live in Fort Pierce (Lakewood Park) and go to Sebastian Range almost every Saturday AM . Have to get together and meet sometime.

Jim

Welcome on in ....I am in Jax. Fla. Glad to see another Floridian on site. There are a few of us here. Have you been to the Alafia in January? Next one 2007. Largest encampment in the Southeast.

Hope to start getting back up to the Seb. range on Saturdays more often starting in a few weeks (when the southern flinter arrives and work lets up). See you at the range! :hatsoff:

JIM1911,
Welcome to the MLF, glad to have you with us. Your definately have the twins headed in the right direction. Visit often and contribute when you can.
again welcome and stay active,
I am snake-eyes :hatsoff:

Hello Tipis,

Thanks for the welcome , Ive been out of things a long time. I have to look into Alfia I have not heard about it. Sounds like alot of fun. I was hoping Florida might still have a few blackpowder shooters left. Alot has changed in this state in 27 years. Back then every small town around here had a Black Powder Club. I do think the Bicentenial had somthing to do with it.
Got me interested in history alot more than before.
Jim

Hello Bob,

Looking forward to meeting you at the range one day. :grin:
By the way are you Bob Jr.? :hmm:

If so I have a cool story and know someone you would like to meet im sure! :)

Jim

JIM1911 said:
Hello Bob,

Looking forward to meeting you at the range one day. :grin:
By the way are you Bob Jr.? :hmm:

If so I have a cool story and know someone you would like to meet im sure! :)

Jim

That would be me!

Back