• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from south Alabama

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jd411111

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi all! Just got into Black Powder shooting about two months ago. A friend gave me an old Traditions Ranger Hawken from the nineteys to display in a rustic room about six years ago. Got interested in shooting .22's back in the spring and thought I would give the muzzleloader a try. Anyway, now I'm hooked!

Actually I'm more toward the eastern side of the state. About twenty miles north of Dothan. A little rural community called Echo.

Echo!! I know exactly where you are!!. Do you do know of a town called Bertha? My older brother lives there and my father and my grandfolks on his side lived there. I have a BUNCH of kin folk (aunts uncles nieces etc.)that live around there. Do you know any Blankenships or Enfingers? My grandmother taught school in Echo and that's where my Dad went to school also. Your in some good deer hunting parts, lots of land to hunt on out there.

Man it's a small world! My Mother was born and grew up in Bertha. I have a bunch of kin there too. Actually I play in a Bluegrass group and we have been playing for an annual pig roast some of the guys that grew up there put on every year.

I was asking my Dad if he knew of any Rilys in Bertha and he said he had a teacher named Rily when he went to school in Echo. I will tell you sir, that you live in some beautiful country!!. When is that Bluegrass festival? I might be able to come to it and get in some hunting also.

jd411111 said:
... I play in a Bluegrass group and we have been playing for an annual pig roast some of the guys that grew up there put on every year.

Welcome to the forum, Jimmy! Good to have a bluegrass picker here. (All the other members are only vent pickers.)

Bluegrass & Muzzleloaders... perfect together.

Welcome South AL. from North AL. enjoy the site, fiddlers and bluegrass convention starts here next week, big show, yall come.

Latest posts

Back