• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from NW Indiana

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Docbondo

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello. I'm a new member as of this morning! And happy to be here.
Yesterday I purchased a Kibler Woodsrunner in 54 caliber with a Cherry Stock. Cherry is my favorite wood for its warm rich tones and grain variations. But the staining process will be a challenge. So if anyone has any suggestions that could help would be appreciated.
Have a great weekend.
Thanks, Mike B

Hi Tim. Thanks for the welcome. I will carefully document this effort. I've done a few kits before mostly from TC. So I'm really excited to see what Mr Kibler has instore for me. I have watched the YT Vids a few times and he makes it look so easy. But with his skill level that's no surprise. He is a master.
Have a great weekend. I hope the Pack dose better this year. Im looking forward to seeing what the hapless bears will do. ;-)

Yesterday I purchased a Kibler Woodsrunner in 54 caliber with a Cherry Stock. Cherry is my favorite wood for its warm rich tones and grain variations. But the staining process will be a challenge. So if anyone has any suggestions that could help would be appreciated.
Have a great weekend.
Thanks, Mike B
Hello from kokomo, indiana

Have a great weekend.
Thanks, Mike B
Hi and welcome aboard! I built a Kibler Southern Mountain Rifle in a cherry stock at the Kibler rifle build class at Western Kentucky University this past June. I finished it using Tried and True Danish oil with just about 3 to 4 drops of red in the oil. Probably can't even notice the red in the oil. After 3 or 4 coats of rubbing it in it was really looking nice. I received a lot of compliments. This was my first build.

Back