• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Mississippi

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hello from MS.

Oil field worker, working overseas in south Korea rite now.

Been making smoke since I was in highschool. Though the vast majority was with cap and ball colts. Then I learned how to reload and then no firearm was safe!

Part time bladesmith, knife making is turning into more of a business than I wanted so I though switching gears and taking a little time with flintlock long rifles would give me a little change of pace and recharge the batteries. Looking forward to starting my first build once I know which end the ball comes out of.

Welcome Blademaker,

I didn't know South Korea had any oil fields to work. Learn something every time I pull up into this site. You will too, no doubt.

Fuzzy

Welcome aboard Blademaker from another Mississippian, from Magee, just up the road from you but now living in Utah.
Deadeye

Actually in the shipyard building a new drill ship.

I wouldn't worry about the spelling, were from MS after all! Lord know's I can't spell.

I don't care if it is a 100 degree when I get back state side I've got to fire the forge up again, even if it's at midnight! Nothing lately even remotely period, been busy with a batch of liner locks in stainless and carbon fiber.

Ok, don't see where I can attach photo's.

Here's my website, www.courtneyknives.com I need to get off my butt and update it with some more recent work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the MLF Will! I looked at your web site and you have a real talent and do exceptional work. Your going to fit right in here with all the other multi-talented craftsmen. Pull up a stump and join us at the fire.

Welcome to the forum. I checked out the website. Your making some good looking stuff.

Thanks, now if I can figure out how to work the forum controls and such. Maybe after coffee!

BTW, I'm wanting to build a left handed flinter, something along the lines of a southern mountain rifle. I've heard of classes and such up north, is there anybody doing a school or classes further down south? A 3-4 day class would shave a lot of time off the learning curve. Either that or a maker that welcomes visitors?

Thanks

Back