• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Illinois/Wisconsin

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where do you NE IL guys shoot? There is a fantastic range in Bristol, WI with a dedicated BP range.

Where do you NE IL guys shoot? There is a fantastic range in Bristol, WI with a dedicated BP range.

Used to run out to Buffalo Pit in Ottawa a lot. But shoot at the range near our cabin up in WI these days. Have driven past the range on Bristol, haven't shot there yet though.

For me, I go up to McMillers in Eagle WI, it's about an hour drive, but for $27/day to get into 25/50/100 yard ranges, $32/day for all, totally worth it. Great range, well run. Muzzleloaders allowed at all the ranges I've shot on.

I've been to the Bristol range, had mixed experiences there, and to the WI Sportsman Association range in Union Grove. I only went once to the latter, they're getting started so it'll be interesting to see how that goes. I haven't had a chance to get to the range in Racine, maybe for an Appleseed next year.

For me, I go up to McMillers in Eagle WI, it's about an hour drive, but for $27/day to get into 25/50/100 yard ranges, $32/day for all, totally worth it. Great range, well run. Muzzleloaders allowed at all the ranges I've shot on.

I've been to the Bristol range, had mixed experiences there, and to the WI Sportsman Association range in Union Grove. I only went once to the latter, they're getting started so it'll be interesting to see how that goes. I haven't had a chance to get to the range in Racine, maybe for an Appleseed next year.
I've been to McMiller. It's quite a haul from my house, though very nice.
Never had any bad experiences at Bristol; been scolded a few times by RO's for doing stuff they didn't like (such as crossing the yellow line during cease-fire) but that's in violation of their rules, so shame on me.
I like it there. The Wilderness BP range is very relaxed and informal and a lot of fun.

Back