• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Florida...!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Steele

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Just found this forum. I've been enjoying muzzleloaders since getting my first one...a Thompson Center Hawken, back in the mid-late 1970's. I shoot both cap and flintlock. Everything I have is 50 cal. although I'm looking to go to smaller calibers if I find a good option. My .50 caplock has a Green Mtn. "drop in bbl" that I'm extremely satisfied with, and have used to take deer out to 100 yds.
For as long as I've been doing this, I learn something new everytime I get around other folks. That's why I'm here...and to share what I've picked up over the years with others coming along.

Hello Don, new here myself. what part of the sand pile do you live in?? i am in the N.W. about 30 miles or so n.e. of carrabelle.

creek

Thanks folks.
Creek, I made the correction to my profile to provide a location. When I'm not at my local range burning powder...I'm on the BIG water. :)

Hi Don, welcome to the camp! I live in Ft Pierce and occasionally shoot at the Sebastian range.
Bob Jernigan

Welcome Don, :thumbsup: I'm sure you will find this a friendly place with several great Craftsmen & Ladies in the camp. I done some time on Hutchinson Island myself from 2000 till 2010. Oh I was working at St. Lucie power plant and catchin' some good Snook. :wink: :thumbsup:

Back