• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Colorado

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommy b

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I got into black powder shooting back in 1978 with a T/C .50 cal hawken after a buddy showed me that he could consistently hit soda pop cans at 75 yards with his. I did target shooting and deer/elk hunting until 1996 when I broke my wrist and my gun club moved 40 miles away and raised their dues beyond my interest in paying. Now that I'm retired I've taken up target shooting again. I'v really enjoyed reading the various forum comments and, undoubtedly, I'll have many questions of my own.

I got one... How's the wrist?
Can you still shoot straight?
grin.gif

I can't, but I blame that on old eyes.
Welcome.

Musketman,
Thanks for the reply. The wrist is o.k., about 98%. It aches sometime when the weather is cold and damp, which, fortunately, in Colorado, is rare as the humidity gets down around 0 to 5%. As far as shooting, lets say that I shoot as well as I see and let it go at that.

Don,

You wouldnt recognize it. Like the rest of the Denver area, its population is mushrooming. I was up Mount Evans with the wife and daughters last Sunday to look at the aspen colors and we drove to Evergreen to get an ice cream. I could not find a parking spot in the whole town so we had to wait until we got back to Golden for refreshments. I've lived in the Denver area since 1969 so I've seen plenty of changes.

tommy b

Dear Tommy,
I hunted your state two years ago for elk, muzzleloader. Guess what? 120 grains of FFF powder behind a 444 grain projectile will burn in Tennessee but will not burn all the way up when you are 13,000 feet above sea level on Battle Mt. Which is real close to Leadville. The percussion cap did not go off on a 3x3 bull after 3 days of hunting in the rain. I missed a 6x6 bull at 200 yards. I did not do your elk population any damage, but I enjoyed myself and saw beautiful country.

Tommy,

I lived in Evergreen between 1975 and 1977. How are things in that neck of the woods these days?

Don

hello Tommy my wife is from Chalhan just south of Colorado Springs us to be about 25 mile from the Springs but noe its like 12 to 15. We are ther for Thanksgiven. I was stationed at Ft Carson twice 76 the 80 t0 81 that was when I meet my wife. Take care.

Latest posts

Back